In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 9d

Dunno why the redline needs brembos, don't you need to be fast first?

Go the FG over the SS.

Only thing going for the SS is sound, in which you can make up for with turbo and induction noise.

In comparison, the FG XR6T has been seen to run 12s stock, whereas most VE SS models still run 12s after cam, zorts, intake and tune.

You will get a lot more power for a lot less money.

Nicer interior.

You get so much more of the wow factor in the turbo over a lazy 8, you will have endless fun changing the expressions of HSV GTS owner's faces, even stock!

Edited by TomT

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 26d

Unless you spend 7k+ on the SS doing heads/cams/ exhaust, they still don't sound good. That gets you 280-300rwkw.

Same $$ on an Fg is easy 330 on 98/350 on e85

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d

You can runs 5s on the FGs bro with removing da mud flaps!!

I think this is the 4th time I have posted in this type of thread but here goes! I have owned both, yes the SS need coin to make it go "fast" and the FG really doesn't. But you need to ask yourself, do you need an 11 or even low 12 sec car? I don't and I regret selling my SS as for me it was a much nicer, easier fun car to own. My FG is insane, really good fast car but the quality is poor, IMO the VE is a cleaning, sharper looking car and the sound, even with a cheap exhaust just gets your balls tingling and unless you're willing to break the law to prove it there's no point having an insanely fast car. It's not like it was even a few years ago. Having a hypo car is more of a liability than anything else.

Im not trying to be a buzz kill here but I asked the same question 3 years ago which led to me buying my FG and as much as I love it I wish I hadnt as its just costing me money now and will continue to do so until I see it. Every time I see an VE SS or even Clubby (which I could have afforded considering the money spent on my FG) I think far out they look good for an aussie car, then you hear the big 6l+ and think FFS I wish I still had that lol...

Edited by Wingnut

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 15d

Whichever you go for.. Don't buy an auto SS with AFM sh*t..

Drive in one of those with a full exhaust occasionally.. Makes me want to gouge out my ear drums when going uphill..

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 15d

I actually like the Idea behind AFM.. It gets awesome mileage.. But once they modify Holden's super secret drone free exhaust.. Say goodbye to your hearing.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 1d

All the usual answers...

FG is a more 'modern' looking car given the shape is kind of one model ahead of the SS, the SS shape has been around since the BA.

Other than that.....flip a coin they both have the same good and bad points.

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 20d

I looked at VE SS's and FG's.

What I noticed.

1. SS was always about $5000 more expensive to FG Turbo in Similar Condition.

2. SS Interior felt somewhat cheap, hard to say exactly what. FG Turbo Interior felt more like a BMW.

3. Performance wise most VE SS run 100-103km Terminal Speeds where as FG's are Running 106-108.

In the SS you would need a Full Exhaust, Intake and Tune to get upto as fast as a STOCK FG Turbo

If you want to go faster, you need to upgrade the cam.

So in the end my Decision was that the FG Was more the better decision.

Best thing is to go look at both of them.

If you want to buy a SS Forget it and get something like a HSV GTS or Grange look a little bit better.

The FG is awesome, where you sit, how it drives.

Edited by Z2TT