In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 4d

As someone that has owned only Holdens prior to my XR6T I can honestly say I wouldn't own another Late model camira unless it was pre 1989.

For a car that receives more than double the advertising of the Falcon they aren't half as good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 6m 14d

I bought a 2011 fg xr6 turbo ute its a manual I made 267kw on the dyno only mod I did was a kn filter pretty sure it didnt do much I also took it to the drags and ran a 13.5 @ 106mph im very happy with that performance for a stock car..

• Member For: 15y 8m 1d

Sorry but something does really add up there unless your calculating back from rwkw to fwkw they are advertised as 270fwkw and most get around 200 to 240 stock at the wheels with most closer to 200 so short of getting a freak motor I would say someone has already touched this engine or your dyno guy is using some very optimistic tricks

Regardless out of he box they do deliver the smile in a big way :)

Edited by RHR
QUOTE REMOVED

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Plenty of stock ones have gone 250-260rwkw. Just like the GTs making 330-350rwkw.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d

I know the op is a 1 poster but this is still a good discussion. I love the sound of a v8 but the FG T is unreal to drive and own. Everyone's said it all already but just wanted to add that we have a VE Bogan special sports wagon at work in auto and its rubbish. No way in hell would you get the auto. Another mate has an Bogan special redline sedan in manual and he's happy so must be fine without the auto. But yeah no responsiveness whatsoever, really sloppy, took forever to change gears and get going, and just no excitement at all. It's not just me with the zf FG T either, another mate with a BA XR8 with the 4 speed auto thought the same when he drove it too. So there's another down side.

Oh and the A pillar is ridiculous, I couldn't see a thing past it, wtf were they thinking! Instead of a little glance around it approaching intersections I basically had to jump around in my seat to look around it.

• Member For: 12y 6m 14d

Sorry but something does really add up there unless your calculating back from rwkw to fwkw they are advertised as 270fwkw and most get around 200 to 240 stock at the wheels with most closer to 200 so short of getting a freak motor I would say someone has already touched this engine or your dyno guy is using some very optimistic tricks

Regardless out of he box they do deliver the smile in a big way :)

the dyno is pretty right I have had my other cars on that dyno too they seem to have the same horse power readings as other dynos I have been on also the car was brand new I put it on the dyno when I had done 7000ks just to see what I could make in stock form.

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

What a cracker, this thread is still going on a one and only OP. I've been on here for what seems like 10 years and am lucky to get 1 response sometimes and most of my responses to other peoples threads get deleted with no explaination also.

Edited by turbotrana