In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• Member For: 11y 7m 9d

Ahhh, gotcha . Cool cool.

Thought you may have been talking about a secret button hidden under the passenger seat that releases 175 extra horsepower or something equally as ridiculous.......

Hoping that you were talking about a secret button hidden under the passenger seat......

if only that button existed. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

nice read

Thanks, that's my review :)

Since then I have had the 270kW FG and then another SS which I am driving now.

I should write a follow-up review as the FG was a *very* different beast to the 240kW original models!

Early next year I will probably try the new SS...so long as they don't wind back the power in aid of fuel economy.

I am hearing all sorts of rumours and don't know the facts on the new SS yet.

Rumours include:

310kW version of the current engine.

310kW version of the 6.2L engine

No idea if they are true though.

• Member For: 11y 6m 11d
Ahhh, gotcha . Cool cool.

Thought you may have been talking about a secret button hidden under the passenger seat that releases 175 extra horsepower or something equally as ridiculous.......

Hoping that you were talking about a secret button hidden under the passenger seat......

It's a secret button that ejects your passenger if they are giving you the sh*ts.... :)

• Member For: 15y 1m 7d

And when you come up to corners you give the throttle a quick stab and thevbox will change down and hold that gear till the g sensor senses the road is straight and smooth brilliant for quick driving and power slides on exit

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

my mate owns a VE2 Thunder and he often takes me for drives in it. He's a typical Expensive Daewoo driver to in the sense that he's always pushing it close to the rev limiter and loves to try and impress me given I own an FGT. I'll always remember a night we were hanging and I started up my car and he was all "is that it?!" then he started his car which has a cat back exhaust. Whilst it was impressive to listen to that was about all. Anyway we came up to a set of lights and it was inevitable that he was going to try and go me at the green. Anyway he got the jump on me but by about the 60m mark I eased past him and that was a standing start. Next set was a rolling start from about 40km/h and I chopped him real bad that time, a good 4 or 5 car lengths. Which needless to say put a smile on my face haha. He used to bag my car out all the time for not sounding as tough, which come to think of it he hasn't done since!

I do agree with all the above, VE interior feels and looks cheap as to me.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 6m 10d

Well I was in the exact same position about 3 weeks ago. Looking at either VE SS or XR6 Turbo. Went the XR6 Turbo and havent looked back. Loads of power if I want it and WAY less fuel used then the SS. Honestly, I think the FG's look better then the VE aswell. just my 2 cents ...

• Like 1