In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• Member For: 15y 1m

Check this video out, VE GTS with OTR CAI and custom tune

270rwkw

cheers

Armando

Sorry guys I realise you were comparing the FG XR6T with a VE SS, so not really fair to compare against the GTS

See link below, baseline run was 208rwkw

makes the XR6T look very healthy in terms of power

cheers

Armando

Interesting thing to note is my stock FG T auto pulled 242rwkw.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 9m 25d

To get the same around the 250rwkw from an SS auto you'll need a tune with CAI and even a full exhaust. Admittedly you get the V8 sound but minus the turbo rush the T gives you.

• Member For: 11y 7m 9d

Hi all first time poster, long time researcher.

I recently purchased a second hand 2009 Fg xr6 turbo in Mystic green. with just over 60,000kms on the clock I payed 26,000 on roads with new tyres, racv check, vehicle history check, service and 6 month warranty. The car is imaculate inside and out.

This is just a post to let you all know my thoughts from stepping out of a Expensive Daewoo ve manual ute into a Fg sedan ZF auto.

The Expensive Daewoo I had has done me well with no problems other than the tub liner pulling away from (fixed under warranty) I thought the ve was a great looking ute and I still do but the interior let it down, the 6 speed manual was generally good with the exception of 5th gear sincro occasionally grinds. It is a great car but as my career changed so was my needs.

So I looked into the fg xr6 turbo.

I went to a dealership for a test drive, needless to say the same night my ute was on the market and next weekend deposit placed and awaiting the transfers.

The car is amazing im still learning all of the buttons I keep finding little things that excite me.

I love the way the radio tells u what songs is playing.

I'm still getting used to the auto. sometimes I feel its alot quicker to slightly accelerate then mash the foot down to get the in your pants feeling.

is there any little tips or tricks to the dash commands etc I should know about like, on the ve I could set aproach lighting so that when I unlock the car it would turn the parkers on, I could select driver only or all doors unlock on button press (on the keys)

I have heard (somewhere?) that a BCM panel filter will make the spool or induction noise nicer, also may add some power once the ecu has learnt?

also Please answer this one if u only comment one thing :)

The previous driver was a 64 year old male who owned it from new, so just wondering would the computer be adapted to his (slugish driving style) THe car feels rediculasly quick now. but will the computer "learn my driving style?" post-52900-0-62511700-1346578818_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

If you leave your lights switched to auto, you adjust the settings in the menu on the ICC, you can change a heap of things like follow me home lighting.

The ecu will eventually adapt to your driving behaviour so if the old owner never gave it any then yes it 'may' be slightly sluggish. BUT if you give it a good bootful and try keep the revs up every now and then the ecu will reset itself. I'm no tuner but this is what Herrod told my old man to do with his GT so assume the same applies here.

And congrats on the purchase mate

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 7m 9d

the ve DID NOT tell you what song was playing on the radio. THe fg does but im sure u know that

Series 2 in the ve probly does show the song name on radio.

Also no one answered my question about the computer , will it learn my driving style?