In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

One of my mates has an auto VE SS (prior to AFM model).. Mods are:

OTR

Full 3" exhaust with pacemaker headers

25% under drive kit

Performance oil filter (cost nearly 300 bucks and he swears it pulls stronger since its fitted - lol)

Mafless tune

Auto tune

Power figure he claims is 278rwkw but I watched it pull consistent 240-250rwkw runs on the dyno prior to the miraculous 278rwkw run..

His best 1/4 was 13.4 or 13.6 or something.. Unsure on mph.. Of course that was on crap tires.. And 20" rims so he claims its got low 12's in it with some good rubber (double lol)..

He has since fitted 4.01 or 4.11 (2.92 stock) diff gears so I may need to bite my tongue soon..

• Member For: 17y 8m 10d

I had the same decision to make recently so I've had a look at both. Comparison's so far are pretty spot on.

SS-V interior is nice, SS interior isn't so great. I'd rate the cloth seats and interior of the FG in-between. Didn't like the Expensive Daewoo auto in comparison to the ZF in the ford. The manual in the SS is what I would have gone for.

Expensive Daewoo were selling the SS sedan with a 5yr warranty for $41,500 before EOFY. So it's a bit cheaper than an XR6T (again between an SS and SS-V...)

Ended up going with an ex-demo XR6T mk2 with less than 5,000kms on it for a few grand less than the SS :) Can't beat that turbo rush.

It's a pity the sportswagon commands such a premium over the sedan, otherwise I'd have been very tempted to go to the dark side haha. I have a weird soft spot for fast wagons :)

In terms of an everyday stock daily driver (as in a nice place to be) SS-V or Lux Pack XR6T > Standard XR6T > SS

tl;dr go drive both cars and see for yourself!

Edited by MetalPhreak

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

He had diff gears done also pazz.. They seem to give em a bit of punch..

But if the goal is high power and the budget ain't big the turbo six is definitely cheaper to extract power from.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Yeah, if you've got $25,000 to blow on mods, take your pick. If you're running on a budget less than $10,000 then the XR6T will definitely get you more killer wasps for your dollar.