Torque Numbers

handon

• Member For: 13y 2m 8d

Ok well better finding out late than never! Only been 1 week so hopefully it's ok. I'll make some enquiries through the week with the shops I should have gone with in first place.

I should have posted on here and asked u guys before I made the decision.

Cheers to everyone I really appreciate the help . Hopefully get my beast sorted and ready for some fun soon I'll let yous know

Dave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 9d

Live & learn.

Did you get quotes first from other shops?

When my car was tuned Dave didn't even say boo to me. I had to tell he's workers what I wanted done like fan settings shift firmness and so on...... Where Autotech asked me everyrhing to see what I wanted done. Take the car to

Another shop just for a dyno run and see what the think :/

• Member For: 12y 5m 18d

Mate if you are close to Campsie like me, go and see Ali at BTA

I always enjoy having a chat with someone so experienced, but also willing to answer any questions that I ask.

His workshop is clean, and usually full of cars:)

Cheers

Armando

• 9 years later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 29d

Have we changed our tune so to speak on this issue now.
Castle Hill got roasted for putting 18psi in the mid on a stock turbo fg, where now it is considered normal?

Handons car would have put car lengths on Mick's "good" tune. Yet they both made 300 kw.

Like I ❤️ Bananas me.
If all my TV's were broken and the missus had mafs on I would still sit there and watch it rather then drive a fg turbo that couldn't spin first gear.

It's down nearly 90kw at 100kph.
a91a8ded0f33fff5ae1cb72b5711c5d9.jpg8b176adf425754cf39f3c1abaf6993fd.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Handon's graph was making 19psi @ 75km/h (making about 180kW) then peaking to 20psi @ 90km/h (making 230kW). Of course that's great for "area under the curve", but it does tend to bend conrods :). PL tune would likely be faster on the street because spiking boost that fast like the CH one tends to spin the wheels at best. With slicks on a sticky track, you're probably right that the CH one would win the race (up to a certain point where the PL tune would be be faster if the race was run mostly up in the higher revs like a 1/4 mile)

Here's the full images:
J7xobl.jpg
vs

Check out the "23 in the mid" graphs in the 300kW section, they don't spike like the CH graph does, for good reason.