Ralph Wiggum

What Made You Feel Good Today

You weren't... but you could, cos meme inferred it was ok?

JK

Essential that's me ;)

Way too busy to justify being on here tbh but my head needs a break

Rest of the office working from home, project communication sucks a fat one 

haha having to do too much typing, buddy? get those video conferences humming along xD

Yeh we're doing regular skype sessions but the fact we're custom manufacturers + I'm a sh*thouse delegator + clients who want everything yesterday are now the norm, means she's a-piling up

sounds like a standard day for a project manager :)

how'd you get into a "delegator" role without being a decent delegator? lol

Lol I've worked with a few and waved them all good bye eventually

Lack of options lol

Small family business so works a bit differently to your usual "management" setup

Ahh fair enough. You're a resourceful fellow, I'm sure you'll be fine :spoton:

Let’s get this straight.

The reason there is probably so much frustration from my end is the following: 

1. Covid19 is, irrefutably, dangerous to all for several reasons including the rate of spread, the viciousness it has on the immune system and respiratory system causing people to require ventilators to survive. These two things make it a logistically dangerous exercise to navigate for society. Genetically we know it has the potential to start effecting more demographics quickly and change its strain again and again so vaccination isn’t effective to the highest degree. 
These plus so many other factors make it a very concerning virus which needs to be taken with the upmost seriousness. 

2. BCBs first comments, which were a display of his utter ignorance, were to only isolate sick and the elderly and let everyone else function so they’re not inconvenienced. This is wrong on so many levels due to it being completely ineffective, not solving the issue of the lack of health care facilities (because healthy people still require ventilators to survive at a significant rate), implausible due to the fact people at risk must also be able to survive or be cared for by “non at riskers”....  but more importantly, it shows a complete lack of empathy for anyone in the community who may be more vulnerable. People who contribute and are just as important to society can be underlyingly unwell. Someone who had a transplant, someone with high BP, someone who is prone to chest infections, everyone with autoimmune illnesses, people with CF.... the list goes on. It’s not just the elderly! 
In addition there are a significant amount who have underlying issues that are undiagnosed who would die because they didn’t know to self isolate with all the useless sick people. 

3. Then, for god knows what reason, he throws in insignificant and random facts about the seasonal flu, which is not even close to being the same beast, in a half arsed attempt to justify his lax stance on this issue and his clear stand point that society is over reacting and shouldn’t have to. 

People have died, yes death is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to be for most! The sheer frustration comes from watching someone be so self centred in their stand point... the fact they are inconvenienced for a Comparatively short period of time and find that far more important than the people who have lost their lives or are at a greater risk to do so. 

What we’re actually breaking down when people downplay things as much as BCB has in relation to covid19 is the absolute disregard for anyone they don’t directly know, which demonstrates a complete lack of empathy as a human. Because it doesn’t effect you directly it doesn’t matter and what makes it 100% worse is someone of “faith” who displays such sociopathic attitudes towards others. Although that seems to be a long embedded trend in the Catholic based religious groups. 

This is serious. 

This is a difficult time for a significant amount of people. 

We do have a chance to handle this with the appropriate amount of care and compassion resulting in as few deaths as possible. 

It is NOT okay to downplay numbers and findings by comparing them to other irrelevant and dissimilar illnesses which intern will cause other people to believe this situation isn’t a serious as it is, break covid restrictions and put others at significant risk. 

BCB is the guy with 3000 rolls of toilet paper in his shed while others are forced to wash their own arses because he doesn’t care about the well-being of anyone else but himself. People like him are the living embodiment of why animals are far greater than humans.

Just because BCB compared the number of deaths due to influenza as compared to COVID-19 doesn't mean he doesn't have empathy for those who get to the requirement of a ventilator to survive COVID-19.

Also, saying it's "strain" is changing is just not a problem worth worrying about as at about 1st April the entire 30,000 RNA base genome of SARS-CoV-2 had mutated by 15 bases in about 1,000 genome sequences of the virus, which essentially renders the strains identical in their function.

Just now, k31th said:

Just because BCB compared the number of deaths due to influenza as compared to COVID-19 doesn't mean he doesn't have empathy for those who get to the requirement of a ventilator to survive COVID-19.

That’s  not what I said and you know it. 
it’s the entire attitude that’s the driver behind his comments and the comments that come with his “facts” which are directly stating or implying that this is all an over reaction and people are going to die so basically who cares just deal with it. 

This all reeks of Confirmation bias. 

Iam only working every second week. Spent a few days servicing all the bikes ready for the season. I dont work on bikes much these days, and forgot how much I enjoy it. 

sMp5Dea.jpg

15 minutes ago, k31th said:

thank you keefy

at least you can see that I'm not a complete ass hat

Wow
You pelicans can jibber
That's a proper job there, lockdown has kicked in when forum gets going like that.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Haha 3

Excited here in Queensland  :thumbs-up: 

lockdown has eased and got to get out for a ride today 
could only ride within a 50 klm radius of my home but that gave me a heap of places to go
did my old favorite up the Rex Range to Julatten.
I did go up and down the range twice cos very little traffic around
I think everyone went to the beach
didn't stop to take any pics but did the obligatory one when I got home

4RlBZGj.jpg

2dkFxnQ.jpg

Also back to work on Tuesday

life is starting to get back to normal ....................................weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :prop:

Today I was given good news from two different sources!

Firstly I am possibly allowed to return to work once I get my special skills exemption from the government.

Which allows me to travel interstate without the need to self isolate for the standard 14 days.

And the other, but even better news came from my machinist at Pryce racing engines.

Letting me know that my custom order pistons from CP in the states have arrived.

So now the crank is machined, the rods have been modified to suit the oversized chromoly wrist pins that were made up for the new pistons, the block had been line honed with the stud kit and girdle fitted, the head is almost completed with 3 angle valve job and mild flow work and blueprinting of all volumes etc.

All that has to be done is to bore and deck the block and wrap it all up for me to bring home and begin assembly 😁😊😁

Yay

Can't wait to start this part, will post some pics as I go.

• Like 4

Yeah I've been getting Kevin @ Pryce racing engines to do my machining for close to 20 years.

Since Teterins stopped dealing with the public, he has gotten all the best of equipment and has the experience to get the best from it

I had Kev machine my block and balance up the assembly.

Built a few of my mates engines as well

I could nearly hit his workshop with a rock from where I live

• Like 1

Hunting and gun/ammo sales open again

eht0m1qg8dk21.jpg

• Haha 1

Kev has built plenty of Barra turbo motors and reckons the combination I'm putting together should be comfortable making 1200hp at the wheels with the right turbo.

I'm only planning to run it at 900-1000rwhp first up, but might get my hands on a bigger turbo and injectors down the track and see what it can produce.

I can't use the power, once it gets to this level due to the tyre size and manual box fitted...

But still!

I'd love the numbers just for bragging rights 😂

On 13/05/2020 at 12:13 AM, Rab said:

Hunting and gun/ammo sales open again

eht0m1qg8dk21.jpg

And indeed it is :)

20200516_115733.jpg

• Like 5

Sheeeeet YES mate ! 

Going the whole hog and breaking it down to save/eat ?

going to pack it out? or just trophy hunt?

Dropped head off to shop to get boiled down to skull and antlers

Gutted carcas, hanging overnight. Skin and break down tomorrow

20200516_171029.jpg

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Rab said:

And indeed it is :)

20200516_115733.jpg

venison in the smoker?

Edited by bloodycrashboy