Ralph Wiggum

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 13d

Whats Mt Osmond like?

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 19d

Few courses like that near me.. Membership only gets reduced green fees..

But they are only about 1.2k per year..

Building a club set is fun fluff, but as you get more expensive you get a lot finer club heads.. This is turn makes some clubs a lot less forgiving. So an amateur might find that they play a lot better with a 'cheaper' club because they are meatier..

I also use an almost complete WIlson Staff D100 set (not top line but still around $1500 at the time), but my 60 degree wedge, hybrid, putter and driver are all hand picked from various brands (Nike, Cleveland, Callaway and Taylor Made) because those are the clubs I rely on to pull me out of the sh*t..

I love PGA course par 5's though.. Long straight and generally fairly wide..

I have birdied par 5's and par 4's but it's still a great day when I only bogey a par 3 over water..

Anyway going golfing this Friday I hope.. Can't wait..

Oh and for chits and giggles..

Play 18 holes with a motorised buggy..

Play the same course with a push cart..

Play the same course carrying your bag..

Compare scores.. Always a laugh..

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

even after my little jr has managed to scratch his face to sh*t after being looked after by his nan. hes just chilling with his toy. he is the reason I don't bananas. love ya buddy. b2bc1130325a6372051a60699188de59.jpg

• Like 5

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Few courses like that near me.. Membership only gets reduced green fees..

But they are only about 1.2k per year..

Building a club set is fun fluff, but as you get more expensive you get a lot finer club heads.. This is turn makes some clubs a lot less forgiving. So an amateur might find that they play a lot better with a 'cheaper' club because they are meatier..

I also use an almost complete WIlson Staff D100 set (not top line but still around $1500 at the time), but my 60 degree wedge, hybrid, putter and driver are all hand picked from various brands (Nike, Cleveland, Callaway and Taylor Made) because those are the clubs I rely on to pull me out of the sh*t..

I love PGA course par 5's though.. Long straight and generally fairly wide..

I have birdied par 5's and par 4's but it's still a great day when I only bogey a par 3 over water..

Anyway going golfing this Friday I hope.. Can't wait..

Oh and for chits and giggles..

Play 18 holes with a motorised buggy..

Play the same course with a push cart..

Play the same course carrying your bag..

Compare scores.. Always a laugh..

I'm a massive fan of the callaway stuff. My driver is great for an entry level but I feel like I've almost out grown it. I can drive as far as jet on his basic driver (he needs a new one too) and my hits are pretty spot on now.

Same with my 3 fairway wood.

My favourite shots to play which I just got the hang of straight away was all the chip shots with my pitching wedge and sandy from the sand. I'd love a new pitching wedge as well as its one of my fav clubs to use.

I've had my eye on these bad boys ...

128F7E59-04DC-4077-9EA5-647A0222ED13.png

E534A0F1-AFA0-490E-8558-061A2C38256C.png

Edited by Princess Fluffy

• I <3 Floods
  • Member For: 12y 8m 19d

Big Bertha are awesome gear.. If that big Bertha is the adjustable version you'll never consider teeing off with your fairway again..

I was using a D100 driver.. But with an all or nothing driver swing (yeah I don't hold back) I was underwhelmed by the lift it gave the ball..

If you like chipping you'd love a loft wedge or 60 degree wedge.. Can be 20 metres from the green put a full swing and it goes higher than it does long and drops and stops on the green.. Pitching wedge is fine, I generally use sand on a closer shot just to get more backspin on it to pull it up..

Find a pro shop that stocks the stuff you like on eBay.. My local pro shop can do prices cheaper than online when you factor in postage (and he fits the clubs to you).. But mainly you want to swing the driver a few times first before ousting a few hundy on it..

Good luck! Hope you keep kicking jets arse..

PS jet if she keeps out driving you go buy an oversized driver.. May not be able to enter comps with it but she won't come close off the tee..

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

I questioned something we were being invoiced for by one of our contractors during EOM (end of month) and they came back this morning having reviewed the contract and our prior agreement and have agreed I was correct so they're crediting us around $30k in charges since January :)

• Like 4