What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Mate I would go to Woolies (or any supermarket) and buy a 3 pack of homebrand steel scourers like in the photo. Fit however many in the can snug and plumb it up...
I have a super dodgy set up (both entry and exit are opposite each other by only 2") and I collect a decent amount. Mine is installed on the rear breather only (seems to be the one that has the most oil vapour) and the front I just put a filter sock with zip tie onto it. 9b86a443d9a9f0cff431a1f506ce70b4.jpg

• Member For: 3y 8m 2d

That sounds a solid idea @bjc👍, but then I'm introducing steel scourers ( that can brake up over time, and then be sucked through my whole system ), but a fix to that,  I'd have to put a filter behind them....to prevent any build up of broken scourers. But then this is to much to add to a oil can that wasn't made right, and at best, is a useless system. Antz may produce other good products, but the oil catch can is a joke. This oil can may look good and bolt up, but it wont do it's job unless you have to add material for it to work. How about a drain plug at the bottom, or any kind of filtration. At this point, I'm looking at the crank case oil catch can ( with filter ) from repco. ZACbaldy, I'll never believe a word that comes out of your mouth again................  Though I am open for any body else's suggestion to an oil catch can that works for the turboed XR6system

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

No issues with those scourers mate and I've had mine on two cars for a total of about 15yrs now... Never rusts (stainless steel) and never breaks down as its got a film of oil in it for life.
My only other suggestion is a fake "Provent" catch can on ebay. They work excellent also as the ripoffs use double layer very fine steel mesh and you can buy the paper filter to fit them if you feel real paranoid... Fittings are 19mm or there abouts so you need to step it down with brass fittings or whatever if need be.

• 3 months later...
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d

Been a while since anyone posted on here but I’m excited to break the silence with some good news... 

Got offered a fairly awesome job yesterday. 

I’m now a Senior Project Manager (construction sector in government). 

It’s a job I’ve been dreaming and working toward for a long time now and stoked to have worked hard enough that an engineering degree wasn’t required due to enough proven experience and results. 

Pretty excited to say the least and ready to take on the new challenge! 😝🥰

• Like 7

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

I started a new job back on Monday last week. Decent position in terms of pay, and went into it filling a hole left by some campaigner from a few weeks back who was clearly fairly incompetent as I'm still fixing his mistakes (and earning instant respect in the process) instead of doing the 2 weeks of induction/training haha

• Like 3