What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
In exactly 3 months I've dropped my weight from 122kg to 107.9kg.

There's still plenty of fat to lose but I'm getting there :nudie:
Good stuff mate! I dropped 30kg in an unhealthy manner of missing one or two nights a week of not eating dinner (bloated to death) and then it snowballed into not eating period and I was just consuming coffee and water and nothing else...
This approach led to massive muscle wastage over about 3-4 months and then at the 85kg point by then (I was 115kg+ originally) I started to eat a meal here and there as I had so little nutrients for my body to consume at that point (muscle and fat) that I had trouble doing anything that involved exertion I'd almost black out every time. This is while taking a lot of other various medications for other things.
I ring around 85-89kg (generally at 88kg) now depending on fluid intake and a meal once or twice a week as my body tells me when it requires food other than coffee...

The take away from all of that was, try missing a dinner or two each week and see how you feel as even then I dropped a substantial amount of weight while still eating lost that bloated feeling and I do nothing but walk my daughter to and from school each day which is only 2km all up and that's it!

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I have to loose 20kg and don't feel like it. Been swimming on a daily basis at site to do cardio.

Cutting back on food too and still haven't lost weight in the last 3 months. I might have to go full retard and not eat at all like you.

However this is an unhealthy way of doing it.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
8 hours ago, bjc said:

Good stuff mate!

Cheers mate. I did a bunch of gymming before I started losing weight and had built up some good muscle, although it was hidden under the fat. Now I've lost a lot of fat and probably a bit of muscle too. I look alright but no 6pak yet :smiliefatbellydancer:

I'll diet down to about 90kg eventually and when I'm ready to hit the gym again, I'll make all kinds of recomp gains. I'm not going to miss dinners but I am currently intermittent fasting and the weight is still going down. Maybe I'll get a pushy so I can keep the weight loss going.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

As long as you're fueling up on food and you work a day job then that's generally enough to keep the muscle up as more muscle means more fat burning, that's the basic principle at least! You will plateau at some point but just keep doing what you're doing as weight loss generally isn't a quick process (if you want it to last).
My best mate bought me multivitamins yesterday or Monday so I take one a day to please him if anything and will see if that gives me a pep up to do some things...
I've yo-yo'd my whole life to from a gym junkie to 82kg and then up to 118kg was my max for almost 10yrs and now almost 89kg today with muppet arm (and legs) and custard guts lol.

23 hours ago, masda74 said:
I have to loose 20kg and don't feel like it. Been swimming on a daily basis at site to do cardio.
Cutting back on food too and still haven't lost weight in the last 3 months. I might have to go full retard and not eat at all like you.
However this is an unhealthy way of doing it.

Yeah mate I used to swim almost 2yrs ago now as it's something that's easy for me with the back issues etc and just put some music on and do laps for an hour.
You might be replacing fat for muscle so maybe do the pinch test or try a fluid cut for a day as like I said I can be 89 one morning and 86 the next and it's purely fluid in my case. Either that or your intake is more than your output (it's so easy to say that because in principal losing weight is simple but we all know how hard it is to lose weight).
I can recommend "light and easy" as a mate and his wife are doing that and losing good amounts and there's no effort/preparation, just collect it all for the week and eat or heat and eat and bin the tub/tray and utensils so no dishes... He did say it recommended for him to high of a calorie so he cut it back (he was only 89kg to start with).
I only recommend missing a meal purely because I was so bloated all the time as I was taught to eat it all from my parents and the Army was no different with scoff and run attitude...I believe the time frame is long enough for ketosis or whatever it's called also but only guessing there!
Replacing your dinner meal for your lunch meal is also a good start which is generally less calories. Drink sh*t tonnes of water also.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I do FIFO so limited in terms of what I can bring in my bag to site. Not so Sure I could Light an Easy in the middle of the pilbara. ;)

I drink a heap of water while on site. might just be that

• Donating Members

Can't reply from it now (Tapatalk) as it's telling me that I'm not signed in even though I can do everything bar complete the reply! 

@masda74 Surely they'd have to make meals specifically for your dietary requirements? 
I know the Army did and they are a useless pack of karnts whether it was Army run or civilian only messes it didn't matter as they just had to with approval!