What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 27d

had an aircon guy come over today and checked all 4 units

clean bill of health except the bedroom one which needed a chem-clean which turned out not so bad

I originally got him to come to check that particular one cos I thought it had a major problem

it was taking about 4-5 minutes to come on

turns out that all I had to do was set it to cool rather than auto, and hey presto, all fixed 

that made me feel good

but the thing that really floated my boat was when he looked at the study aircon and saw my PC

to say he was impressed is an understatement,  lots of ooh's and ahh's and wow's

asked if he could take some pics,   snap-chatted to his friend and asked me lots of questions about water cooling

he spent more time checking it out than the aircon 

I had a stupid grin from ear to ear

he also made Mrs BCB feel good

said we had a beautiful home and it must feel like we're always on holiday 

ahhhh, BCB resort in the burbs  :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Wmmfg today?

I spoke to the council ages ago about moving the school zone signs and road markings so people would actually be going slow by the time they passed the school. Today there are road marking people out there adding new lines to the area that I had previously proposed. There is also a new sign up at the start of this zone with other signs being replaced.

I thought I was banging my head against a brick wall trying to get people slowed down, but it looks like all that head banging has paid off. :rockon:

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

Good job. Haha I always get dirty looks at the kids school cos hectic turbo side intake. Doing 30 in the 40 zone the other day and got angry stares when I lifted off.

My kids think it's cool so who cares.

• Like 2

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d
On 11/06/2020 at 1:31 PM, Puffwagon said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13226780

I'm gunna have a look at a guitar tomorrow and more than likely buy it. I've been without a guitar for about 7 years so looking forward to getting back into it.

On 11/06/2020 at 1:35 PM, El Andrew said:

Nice! I just bought an accoustic so I can try to learn.

Would be a relaxing hobby once you know a few things I reckon.

Must be something in the Rona air! I previously sold all my music gear and didn't have a guitar for a few years. Recently started buying some decent priced guitars off FaceSucks/Gumtree (electrics), but this week decided to finally go and get myself a new acoustic. I had a really nice acoustic previously and missed it (was what I used to write all my stuff on), so decided it was time. Funnily enough, have written and started recording my first new song in like 8 years within the first week of getting the new acoustic.

On 02/08/2020 at 2:47 PM, Mrs Jeturbo said:

I am aware this post is probably mostly lost on a forum full of guys LOL... but j@ re-proposed today... nearly eleven years since we first met, it’s nice to know he still wants to be married to me hahah (he’s clearly insane LOL). @bloodycrashboy and @arronm ... you both shat me to tears, as I’m sure I do you too, but I thought you’d both get this, given how much you guys love your significant others. 💖 *I know.... insert vomit here 🤮*

0YAIDBR.jpg

Congrats doodle heads!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 27d

Had an employee performance review
12 out of 24 categories I got marked excellent
Also got a "quality of work brilliant" in the feedback comments section

Then to top it off, I got a pay rise

That really made me feel good today