What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 27d

Me and Mrs BCB just went to lunch with a few friends, 2 of which were nurses.
We are all going on overseas holidays!
Now as we all know, nurses are very caring and compassionate people, their job dictates that they are.
No hesitation for them to go on an overseas holiday
They have been on the front line so to speak, both working in hospitals, they know the risks
Both agree the world has gone into a caronavirus frenzy
Both agree, it's just another strain of flu, this one latching to receptors in the lungs

Their opinion, just calm the fu@k down everyone

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

As a qualified nurse I can tell you none of those statements are at all accurate. 
I know a bunch of nurses who by nature are not at all caring and in fact borderline moronic psychopaths with little empathy so there’s no validity to what you’ve said.

I think the thing that’s grinding my gears is the blatant selfishness and bad attitude by people about this whole thing. 
When Keith asked about you going away being a risk you only addressed yourself and your own potential risk, not the risk you pose on your return for anyone else. That’s the problem with people today. Me, me, me, me, me.me.... but being part of a successful community means sometimes you have to think about “we”, that’s probably why the worlds so Ffhuked. 

DxtDWrH.jpg

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

most selfish country/world we live in, everyone only thinking about themselves.

yer go on raid the supermarkets and chemists and leave nothing for families with babies/elderly etc who may need something. 

go get stuffed all of ya

my mum went to 3 supermarkets today to try find milk and bread. returned home crying couldnt even find the basics to make food for the next week. 

wmmfg just finding something to make breakfast for tomorrow. 

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 1d

sh*t scared of this, couldn't breathe when I got sick last year not looking forward to this at all. There's a few good videos from people with medical backgrounds explaining the beer flu on youtube that don't leave me having a panic attack like most of the media's articles do.

I could only find premium toilet paper at the shops as well.

keeping on topic, what made me feel good today is we had some decent rain last night.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Staying with my sister at her place for a week after returning from a cruise on Thursday.
Best thing is while I'm here they were told to isolate for a fortnight...
I do have the flu now though for the first time in at least 2yrs!
I'm going to 12 monkeys as I'm a Kunt...

On 14/03/2020 at 7:13 PM, Mrs Jeturbo said:

When Keith asked about you going away being a risk you only addressed yourself and your own potential risk, not the risk you pose on your return for anyone else. That’s the problem with people today. Me, me, me, me, me.me.... but being part of a successful community means sometimes you have to think about “we”, that’s probably why the worlds so Ffhuked. 

My answer is this (not a personal dig at you, just thinking outside the box)

why has the world gone into lock-down for 100% of the people when there is statistically only 20% of the population that is really at any major risk

why not isolate those that are truly vulnerable (like yourself) and the rest of us can just go on with our lives

this way 80% of the population will suffer with this virus in a minor way and recover, while the elderly and sick stay out of harms way

seems to me that this would be a far better solution, economy would carry on like virtually nothing had happened

so reading your statement about all these selfish people, maybe you've got it all wrong and it is the elderly and the infirmed who are the selfish ones

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

You are literally far less Intelligent than I thought if you think that’s even close to a viable option. 

Reasons that wouldn’t work

1. Despite the 20% at risk, a significant amount of non at risk will require hospitalisation and if everyone got it at once our health system couldn’t cope, even without the vulnerable. 
2. When people get it they’re off work due to BEING SICK. If everyone has it at once this halts jobs and the economy regardless you pollywaffle 

3. A huge percentage of “at risk” people require care. Their carers are people who would be in your group you suggest should just get sick, the people who make their food are in that group, their parents or children are in that group, their doctors and nurses are in that group.... should I go on? 

You forget... it’s not just old people who you seem to give little of a sh*t about... it’s cancer patients, immunosuppressed, Sick children and so many more. 

More evidence churchies really don’t practice what they preach and care more about their own agenda when it suits. 

41 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

(not a personal dig at you, just thinking outside the box)

It was just a thought, no need to be a nasty bit@h