What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Will definitely not be wearing lycra. I've got some padded shorts from mountain biking that I'm wearing (my seat don't have much padding...) under my regular shorts and t-shirt.

Oh man, once you start looking at carbon frames and rims and aero bikes etc it can get bullchit expensive! I wanted something nice to ride so I'll enjoy riding, but didn't need carbon or any of that stuff. Wanted disc brakes so it still stops well in the rain and wanted it somewhat lite and easy to ride quickly. I wanna be able to get the commute to work down to under 30mins - that's the goal! 

Takes a little longer on the way home as it's a little more hilly. Took 47:40.

Hour and a half exercise not bad for the day!

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d
6 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Bought myself a bicycle last week (2020 Giant Contend SL1 Disc). Road to work for the first time this morning. Took me 40mins, so not really that much longer than it can take to drive if traffic is bad. Nice ride around the river for a decent section - nice way to start the day, definitely better than sitting in traffic.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/outdoor/bikes/bike-accessories/turbospoke-bicycle-exhaust-v-2-0/p/151349

You can even fit 2.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Got to fly to Radelaide this morning for a work trip till Friday. Had a positive meeting this arvo and a decent parmy for dinner. Trip seems to be going well so far, except for spilling omelette on my shorts on the flight over... that was a less than stellar start 🤣

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Loose hose clamp made me feel good! Well, relieved at least.

Pulled out to overtake a truck yesterday. As the car hit full boost there was a bang from the front, a bang out the back and then a sudden loss of power.

Was suspicious it was an intercooler hose, but you still feel a bit sick until you know! New Plaz throttle bottle elbow had blown off the throttle body.

Instructions did say to re-check after a few heat cycles so I guess I should follow the instructions.

I'm guessing the bang out the back was due to a sudden excess of fuel after the air quantity suddenly dropped. Truckie may have seen flames.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 5m 20d

Got my hands on a powerglide.

Started stripping it today. Seems to be in good condition, not that many of the original parts are staying. Sending the case off the get cleaned.

Will reassemble it after Christmas and get it ready for the falcon.32075d9c13e3a2c8a0badedce1f7b260.jpg2eb4e0ee5ea366afadc9ce23620dcb91.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

clicked over the "4"s today (not that it makes me happy) but I bought this car with 40k on the clock 5 years ago

It hasn't missed a beat

I have serviced it every 7.5k without fail, so that probably helps

I have used Bowdens products for the duration and the duco still looks fantastic considering it sits outside all day at work in the blazing sun of FNQ which kills most things including clear coat!!!

this is the aftermath of a Bowdens snow job, 2 bucket wash with their nanolichious wash and then the icing on the cake, Bowdens happy ending :roflmbo:

total wash and dry time 1.5 hours

the water that beads has beads inside the beads if that is physically possible

vjj6uPy.jpg

9wSPPsZ.jpg

7HhXLjV.jpg

btDHbI6.jpg

• Like 7