What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Paint intercooler black... I prefer the stock look also now. Underbonnet not so much though even though the later FG looks reasonably neat I still prefer the shortest path possible approach.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

After being a gym junkie a few years ago I got tired and stopped going (turns out it was mainly my disease). The last few days have been a huge flair of my AS and the worst I’ve been in probably forever, (stuck in bed, stuck crying on the shower floor in pain etc) but instead of loading up on pain killers I decided to do something so hard and go to the gym.

Movement is literally one of the only things that helps AS (due to its ability to reduce inflammation, strengthen your muscle taking load of your skeleton and also promoting movement stopping your ligaments and tendons turning to bone) but it’s so hard to do when you’re sick, but ironically that’s the most important time to do it... so anywhoooo have been to the gym three times already this week and feel like it’s already pulling me out of my slump. 

My lifting ability varies so greatly when I’m unwell and today after feeling better already I am over 7kgs up on chest press from three days ago just due to less fatigue. 

Trying to drag yourself to the gym when you feel like you can’t even get out of your bed is something so hard to do... but I did it which is a huge win psychologically as well and now it’s making it almost fun again to go. 

Oh and also like month number five or something without alcohol mmfg 

For those who TLDR: basically back back at the gym... despite how hard it was due to being so sick... but because I have been going it’s making me less physically sick and I don’t drink anymore. Small wins.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/78160-weight-training-for-beginners/

here's your place for motivation, Dani :) well done on getting back into it yourself and we'll definitely be able to help you :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Bought myself a bicycle last week (2020 Giant Contend SL1 Disc). Road to work for the first time this morning. Took me 40mins, so not really that much longer than it can take to drive if traffic is bad. Nice ride around the river for a decent section - nice way to start the day, definitely better than sitting in traffic.

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

nice work :) you'll soon be wearing lycra and posting on a bicycle forum :P

I always find it amazing how expensive some bicycles are...