What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

I'm tempted to grab one of these for the hot days under the patio or in the shed

I reckon it'd make a decent enough "cool zone" that should bring down the temp in the rest of the area.

https://www.ryobi.com.au/products/details/18v-one-misting-fan-r18mf-0

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Bunnings return desk should be your friend there?

WMMFGT:

Karnivool playing in Frankston 7th June - awesome band/show/music

• Like 2

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
23 hours ago, bloodycrashboy said:

I have friends with a similar patio to yours and it's always hot as hell in the summer

you need to loose the lazer light sheets for a start

they let in heaps of hot

then you need to put insulation under the roofing sheets (like The Puffster has done to his house, and I, mine)

looking at your patio roof though, you'll need to have something on top of the rafters so you are not looking at the insulation

then you are left with the dilemma of no natural light...................... 

ceiling fans will do diddly squat if you don't insulate 

as you have already realized, you'll just be blowing hot air over yourselves  

Yeah...this is essentially what I was thinking. If I went with a new patio with insulated paneling you can get light panels in them to keep some natural light, but still greatly reduce the heat that currently gets generated. God damnit...there's like $15-20k I didn't want to spend...😑

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

For us in the North the hose is the best fix for a hot veranda. Typically a spray head, sprinkler or cheap 10mt hose sprinkler to save water. Just turn it on when you go outside on the hot days to stop that radiating heat and you'll thank me.....
You could also pay for the reflective, sealing paint that some company's do but cost there I'm not sure of? It is magic though after buying my house with it applied to 20yr old tin. I could walk on the roof in summer without shoes (need sunnies or blinded!) and radiating heat from the back was cut down heaps (EG: Winter, 24°C ambient temp, zero cloud, painted gal tin roofing 25°C and unpainted 40°C).
This was in an open shed I have off the side of my house. The difference in temp of colourbond I could measure also as I have trimdek sheets left but I'd go with the hose for now and a decent pedestal fan so you aren't blowing hot air around.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

New work laptop turned up today - thing is pretty beasty! Damnsight nicer and smaller/lighter than my old one!

• Like 1