What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 2d

Got an actual proper desk phone at work today. Had them when I first started, then they moved to soft phones and everyone had to use headsets...but headsets are sh*t and I missed so many calls because the app wouldn't pop-up, the speakers wouldn't ring or by the time I'd managed to put my headset on the call was gone.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

you know you can press "answer" before actually putting the headset on your head... :stirthepot:

fair enough if the app didn't "pop up" or "blink" in any way, it's hard to know when softphone calls are happening...

after working in helpdesks years ago, headsets are way better than holding a phone in your hand for productivity, especially if you're on the phone a reasonable portion of your day.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 3d
2 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Got an actual proper desk phone at work today. Had them when I first started, then they moved to soft phones and everyone had to use headsets...but headsets are sh*t and I missed so many calls because the app wouldn't pop-up, the speakers wouldn't ring or by the time I'd managed to put my headset on the call was gone.

Loled coz we’re upgrading to digital atm but my current desk phone is still one of these bad boys

363623-telecom-phone.jpg

Edited by k31th
fixed pic
  • Like 1

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 3m 13d
On 24/03/2019 at 7:36 PM, Admin (as if) said:

its why I tried to marry her first

dam jet

How does it feel that while you're thinking about her, she is getting sodomized by someone with larger testicles.

Feels good man

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 17d
24 minutes ago, HRM Fluff of Cornwall said:

363623-telecom-phone.jpg

Got one of those in 1995 and thought it was the sh*t. Spent hours on it as a teenager. Conference call ftw!

• Haha 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 2d
you know you can press "answer" before actually putting the headset on your head... :stirthepot:

fair enough if the app didn't "pop up" or "blink" in any way, it's hard to know when softphone calls are happening...

after working in helpdesks years ago, headsets are way better than holding a phone in your hand for productivity, especially if you're on the phone a reasonable portion of your day.
Still not as simple as just picking up the phone. Also annoying having to pause music first etc.
Also, generally the reason I'm on the phone is because I'm helping someone with the software, so my productivity is tied to helping them...so I'm not losing any productivity by being on the phone with them vs a headset.