What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d
1 hour ago, bjc said:

For your 2ch music select your Pure Direct (Yamaha) mode. Other amp/receivers will have a similar setting and this should bypass your inbuilt EQ but depending on source material will use your mains only and not the sub. This is how I've always listened to music in my cave as my subwoofer setup was designed for home theatre movies not music (XO around 80hz and 10db gain over mains) .

Your amp will have multiple profiles that are easily selected so set one up for your music. 2ch stereo selection to include the sub or Pure Direct for mains only.
See my reply to BCB for why ish.....

The REL subs are a bit different, though (have a read) so because the high level input is connected directly to the speaker terminals for my front speakers it still runs even on Pure Direct. The REL 212 SE is primarily designed with music as it's go-to but is also well setup to deal with HT. REL also recommend a very different technique to dialing the sub in to blend with the front speakers than your description. And after countless hours of listening to both just the fronts by themselves and then with the REL properly integrated, I can tell you it definitely sounds a massive step up with the REL playing too.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

since I got the new TV with netflix on there, I really haven't had the amp on. Reason being is that I previously used  a HTPC that connected to the AMP and then the TV.

The AMP would handle the Audio in the old setup.  With the new TV, it has the netflix app installed, so no need for the HTPC.

I am sure that there will be a way to output the audio from the TV to the AMP, but I haven't been bothered working it out.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

TV is a 2018 QLED TV. I have it hooked up to the AMP via HDMI. I am sure that is all I need at the moment.

I just need to work out how to select where the sound output goes too.

I am just being slack.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Depending on the age and features of your amp either HDMI arc or optical out for audio back to the amp. Then get yourself a Logitech harmony elite universal remote to turn everything on and set the inputs and you'll be living the dream!

I couldn't go back to TV speakers. Watching tv at my GF's place on TV speakers makes me sad...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Removalists moving my 7.5x6x3 (135cubes) of chit into storage for me... they did the best job considering our house config. 

(A 15kg was her dryer which weighs over 100kgs down a windy stair case as well as all our other furniture). 

Cartons of beer, lunch and extra cash necessary for that one me thinks. 

Now to move out of our current residence ready for demolition.... so another house of stuff has to find a place to go fml. Lolol 

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Actually hate moving and shifting with a passion I think everyone does... even if it is for a good reason. Once these houses are built I’ll stay there for thirty years if I can just out of laziness hahaha

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

lol. Good luck then.

I moved once back in 2007. I have no plans on moving any time soon.

I did most of the moving and driving of the 9t truck.😞