What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 26d

Can't argue with it k31th, sh*ts funny as.

Need a few skid vids but gotta run in clutch first.

Kebabs and beers tonight. Get on it k31th.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 14d

I have to admit I'd been a bit underwhelmed by my surround sound as it didn't seem like the rear speakers were doing a whole lot and I guess I'd been hoping for a whole lot more from what I've spent on the system. Sat down last night with an SPL meter app on my phone and manually adjusted all the speaker levels to sit at 75db and holy sh!t has it made a monumental difference! Surrounds are super sharp and immersive now! Didn't get too much of a chance to test it as it was late, but the episode of The Punisher I watched was significantly better than my previous watching experience. Stoked! Definitely MMFG.

Also picked up a second NVIDIA Shield TV for the living room for all my streaming to replace my Xbox One X, which doesn't do audio passthrough of HD audio and would decode it itself. I want my new amp to do all the decoding so I get the best audio quality I can...the Shield does this and just seems much better for using with my Plex server (even if I'll be using the Plex for Kodi addon to stop the native Plex app from transcoding certain formats).

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d
Sat down last night with an SPL meter app on my phone and manually adjusted all the speaker levels to sit at 75db and holy sh!t has it made a monumental difference! Surrounds are super sharp and immersive now!
My Yamaha amp has a thing you plug in and place it at your seating position
It's supposed to set up all speakers for optimal sound
Like you I was totally underwhelmed by the rears
I manually set the rears as 3 m away instead of the 1.2 m that was automatically set by the plugged in thing
Transformed the sound

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d

yeah they are common these days. Not bad to set a baseline then adjust from there. It really goes on where you sit and placement of that mic when you do the initial setup which is pointless because you dont hold it at ear height lol