What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

A hoist would be great. I've got a mate with one just 5 minutes up the road but if I didn't I'd be thinking about it pretty hard.

Have you had a look at these? With a smooth floor and various jacks and attachments you could get a lot of work done, plus it's portable.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d
A hoist would be great. I've got a mate with one just 5 minutes up the road but if I didn't I'd be thinking about it pretty hard.

Have you had a look at these? With a smooth floor and various jacks and attachments you could get a lot of work done, plus it's portable.
I looked at the link the other day PW so thanks but I think they are a little low still. Was watching YouTube crap and saw Marty from MCM using one while he was making an exhaust for the little Daihatsu Mira and even he mentioned a hoist would be handy at that time. I've looked at some super povo scissor lifts on Alibaba and I think their height would be perfect at 1900mm but haven't seen them rated over 3000kg.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Fair enough, there is something to be said for just walking under your car rather than rolling around on the floor. For not a lot of extra money you could buy a hoist anyway. There are some 2 post hoists on ebay that are rated for 4 tonne and they range from 2 to 4 grand.

Nearly everything you can buy here will come from alibaba anyway so if you don't mind waiting for 3 months for shipping then you might save a few bucks. I'd buy locally though cos you'll get it quicker and if you have issue they can be resolved much quicker and easier.

Have you got some welding tools? You could knock up a seesaw lift fairly cheaply if that's a possibility.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

3T would be enough for the Territory but anyway I would like to buy local for warranty assuming I survive the encounter lol. Hoist motor needs to be single phase as I don't have 3 phase to the house....
I've got a stick welder only and I am a beginner (bird poo) so I'm not confident in being under something heavy that I have personally welded although the trailer hasn't disappeared yet while doing dump runs so I can't be too bad!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

1.8m maximum lift, eh... that looks pretty good. I wonder what the underneath concrete specifications need to be.