What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 10m 25d

I went to a Telstra SIM only plan for $49 for 15gb + 5gb bonus, unlimited calls and texts and a $200 JB voucher.

Two months later I 'upgraded' to a $59 plan with 15gb, Pixel 2, Home Mini, $100 JB voucher and kept my bonus 5gb.

I was lucky with timing, but I'm not complaining!

The incentives are to encourage sign up, but I agree with Keith they don't owe them to you.

More competition would definitely be good for the customer though. Hopefully TPG will make things a bit more interesting.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 18d

I've been paying $18 per month for the past couple of years for my sim only plan. Less data than that but I rarely use it. Enough calls that I never even go close to running out.

It's on the Optus network but I have no issues with that despite living in a rural area.

Haha I remember paying 20 cents for a pay phone call so even $18 per month is too much for the amount of calls I make.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 17d

Just completed and passed a certificate 4 in “Electrical installations in hazardous areas” HV/LV/ELV and certification of existing hazardous areas with the pathway to Diploma well and truly started  

it was without a doubt one of the hardest assessments ever due to the risk associated with installations and having the ability to now certify others 

Pretty happy with myself :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 21d

Well done. I know there is so much involved.

I use to do the electrical inspections for the  electrical gear getting sent offshore to the oil rigs for Woodside. Depending on areas used so many levels and rules and regs.

You should get a job on the rigs.  BIG $$$$$$. And we all luv $$$$$$

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 6d
I wouldn’t let him...
we all love $ but I love him more (vomit I know)... but we’re like best mates... we struggle with a night or two apart when I have to go for work, let alone weeks.
I need my sidekick

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6d

I'm very much looking forward to the day where I can post in this thread that I've gotten myself a Perth job and don't have to be away from home all the time. Hopefully in 2 or so years I'll be in a position where I can do that - once I've finished my grad cert and have a couple of years experience working in the associated role that'll then allow me to potentially land one of those roles in Perth...maybe. Advantage of going this way with it will be I won't have to take a monstrous pay cut (if I wanted to get back to the city now I'd need to be willing to sacrifice about half my salary to do so, which would mean a complete change to everything about my lifestyle - not keen at this stage) in order to work in the city.

For those of you lucky enough to spend every night in your own home and with your loved ones, cherish that and be greatful for it. The idea of earning big $$ working away sounds great, but can be a pretty isolating experience.

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 2

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 16d
9 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

sacrifice about half my salary  in order to work in the city.

For those of you lucky enough to spend every night in your own home and with your loved ones

we are not "lucky"

we have chosen life over money

I understand your dilemma

I used to be FIFO myself about 20 years ago

I chose to take a 50% pay cut to have a life

It's nice to have money- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

much nicer to have a life  

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 17d

It’s the balancing act of life .... I just choose to overclock both and hang on like fharkkk lol 

• Like 2