What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 10y 11m 29d

Premier Fire, Wet and Dry estimator for construction. He asked what I knew about sprinklers, I rattled off some gear, said I know my way around a valve set, change P/S n sh*t on my own. Set pump cut in's on my own, draining down and jacking up ect. Really not rocket science.

He said that's the best answer to that question I've had and puts you infront of everybody else in thay respect. Reckons they can teach a spark to price wet, doesnt work the other way around...

I was trying not to get my hopes up and initially was indifferent about the prospect, but having had time to think about it....alot. Im keen as mustard.

Also Tyco fire australia just got bought out by evergreen (nfi??) So expect something to go down there I would say..

I do a lot of fire sealing of pipes here in Perth. Tyco bought one sprinkler company here (National Fire) and have taken them from a major player to f*cking nowhere and I wouldn't be surprised to see them shut. People don't want to deal with Tyco.

Evergreen is just an investment firm in tbe US - they would have bought the company to sell it after stripping the fat and ripping as much capital as they can out.

The word here is that Siemens have bought Tyco......haven't seen anything concrete though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 27d

Did you get 4 pots all round? Or 4/1 or 6/4?

What Tocchi said, running 4 pots all round now.

If anyone is wanting a rear brake upgrade, have the old rears going for sale.

PBR 330mm rotors and big single caliper, with braided lines. Like the pic below, my rotors aren't T3 though.

DWGjZCu.jpg

• Member For: 10y 5m

I do a lot of fire sealing of pipes here in Perth. Tyco bought one sprinkler company here (National Fire) and have taken them from a major player to f*cking nowhere and I wouldn't be surprised to see them shut. People don't want to deal with Tyco.

Evergreen is just an investment firm in tbe US - they would have bought the company to sell it after stripping the fat and ripping as much capital as they can out.

The word here is that Siemens have bought Tyco......haven't seen anything concrete though.

Yep.....I left NFS(they also did portables passive and dry) after around 12 months under the Tyco regime, was with them from the start and through the growth to 1 of the big boys, then watched it die at the hand of Tyco. Which we all expected.

Confirmed evergreen bought them if im getting the name right. The fire division though. Tyco security ect will remain..

Edited by barnz

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 17d

Last day of work for the year! Off home (nz) for 3 weeks.

Was almost a wpmo though as I had a flare up of my pericarditis this week (infected fluid round the heart) and they weren't going to let me fly. Doc gave me the all clear this arvo with some more meds

• Like 2

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Mum's surgery all went well today, surgeon said he's really happy with it all. She's pretty dosed up at the moment, but wakes up every now and then and seems to be in good spirits and making some jokes, despite being a bit uncomfortable (understandably). Said she's glad it's over with.

Apparently they should have the results of the biopsy in about a week.

• Like 12