Xr6 Vs. Xr5 (Mondeo Or Focus)

xa-mont

• Member For: 16y 8d

Hey everyone.

Been a long time since I've been on here. I owned (for a couple of years) an 08 FG XR6T ute with all the options. It was a f*cking awesome car and I could hardly fault it.

I got rid of it because it was costing too much and I was living in melbourne without a garage to put it in. (also sold my XB sedan with 230rwkw 351c for the same reason) for a while I just rode my motorbike and drove my missus' excel when required.

I since bought myself an XC ute with 351 on LPG which served as my daily for a while in melbourne after my last motorbike accident (had my bike off the road for ages.)

I have now moved to the country, bought a house and I work about 1.5km from where I live, so the pushy is the daily, and the XC is the weekender/workhorse and the missus' excell is the same piece of sh*t that just does everything you throw at it... poorly, but it does it.

Anywho. boring story over.

My gal and I keep discussing her getting a new car and we were planning on an XR5t focus, because she wanted a smallish car but wanted something that was gutsy as well and had some luxury (would have to have leather), we also keep discussing how awesome my ute was and how it was just cool as hell.

then on Saturday my mate came over with his BF herrod pursuit and after a test drive I came home with a smile ear to ear and we started looking for cars online :P

So the question really is. would I be satisfied with an XR5t or should I just get another 6t?

It's only the 2 of us and our 2 dogs, so a ute is fine, but a sedan would be fine too cause I'll keep the XC for the foreseeable future probably.

Is the mondeo a bit gutless with the 5t donk? is the TDI maybe a better choice?

Our price range is about 25k. so this has me looking at BA/F F6's, FG6t's and 08+ update 5t's. My missus hates the ba/f sedan shape so if it's a sedan it has to be an FG.

wow... long post.

TLDR version:

had/loved my FG 6t ute.

have 25k to spend

should I get a 6t or a 5t.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

XR5 Focus is a great all rounder but can be small for some people.

XR5 Mondeo has heaps of space, excellent build quality and handles quite well. You may find it a bit slow though. It has good torque and gets along just fine, but not a powerhouse

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Considering equipment included, I wouldn't say Mondeo is too expensive...plus, you can always throw a flash tune and cooler kit at the XR5...

• Like 1