The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

One of my cousins who I always looked up to when I was younger has been completely hooked on meth for the last 5 years. Poor thing has been in rehab for over 12 months during that time ($$$$$$) and has been to many other shorter programs - nothing has worked to get him off the stuff.

I wish there was some sort of antidote for this crap that blocked the effects and/or stopped the cravings.

• Sad 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d
12 hours ago, skidxr6t said:

I wish there was some sort of antidote for this crap that blocked the effects and/or stopped the cravings.

So sorry to hear.

Haven't had anyone I know go down that path so can't speak from experience, but have had my fair share of those close to me having other "health" issues.

All you can do is remember him fondly how he was, support him if he wants help and be ready to welcome him back if/when he comes through it.

Sounds like there's some other issues there underlying the addiction? (could be as simple as broke or jobless - not suggesting some deep seated hatred of dad etc)

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 17d

The one bit of silicone hose left in my utes cooler piping went pop this morning.
Might be time to get the comp cover welded up with a 90* bend on top.

• Like 2

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Bali belly...been pI$$ing out my a$$ for a couple of days now...

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Sad 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d
On 12/9/2018 at 8:02 PM, Rab said:

Sounds like there's some other issues there underlying the addiction? (could be as simple as broke or jobless - not suggesting some deep seated hatred of dad et

he's from down south and ive only seen him a handful of times in the last 5 years. He's a few years older than me so I have lots of memories of us playing together when we were kids and I really used to look up to him. last I saw him he was high as balls and was saying how hopelessly hooked he is.

It's so sad, his siblings are all normal people who went to university and have normal jobs.

and sorry stripes..

Edited by skidxr6t

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

So I got a few roof quotes and got a few solar quotes and made my decision. I let the other places know cos I'm not a complete carnt.

Now one of them is spamming me to buy from them even though I've let them know that I've gone with someone else. What the fark do they think I'm gonna do, burn my deposit and change my farken mind? Pricks mate.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

I found some places to be particularly pushy. One place in particular kept pushing a particular brand, even after I'd explicitly said I wasn't interested in that brand. And then had another scrambling and sending emails saying they'll match prices etc. Gets a bit much after a while...

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

WPMO: Main phone line is down

About an hour on the phone to Telstra

Telstra estimate Monday 17th for fix.

Yay