The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 22d
2 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

she winds him up and lets him jump up on her all the time etc (all the things we're adamant about him NOT doing)...so that's not helping.

You gotta tell her bro. Put your foot down, there's nothing wrong with doing that. You can be polite but firm. You're a grand out of pocket and I'd be well pissed, as I suppose you are.

Similar situation here where I had to tell someone they are doing the wrong thing.

My oldest son is 6 and obviously I'm teaching him the essential things to keep him alive, among other things.

One of these things is how to cross the road and part of that training is for him to look for cars and wait for them to pass before he crosses the road. Simple right?!

So many people, when they see him waiting to cross, and btw I walk to the road and make sure it's safe for him to cross, they will just stop their car and motion for him to cross in front of them. Not only is stopping your car in the road for no reason illegal, which idgaf about, they are also inadvertently teaching my son that it is ok to cross in front of cars.

So the similar part is a dude stopped his car when he shouldn't have (no pedestrian crossing) and told my son to cross. Now my boy knows not to cross in front of cars (well durr) and I told him to wait. The dude waited a full 30 seconds constantly telling my boy to go while I stood there and told him to wait.

Eventually the dude rolled forward and said that he was waiting and that my son should have crossed. I told him very clearly that I'm teaching my son how to cross the road safely (he can but I still make sure and will do for a while yet) and that cars don't stop as a general rule and that pedestrians have to wait for cars to cross. I said I have to teach him to wait for cars as cars won't always wait for him.

Some people are just unaware of life and their surrounding or how their actions affect others. Nothing wrong with letting people know.

Anyhow, who's paying for the door? I think that if she was stirring the fark out of the dog and the dog reacted unfavourably then some of the blame lies with her. I ain't trying to tell ya how to live your life mate but that's my 2.2c inc gst. I'll chuck the rant in for free :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

that's a pretty solid free rant, and I 100% think that you're in the right with the way you're teaching your son about cars.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people stop in the middle of the road to let pedestrians cross in front of them which holds up traffic and causes questionable scenario's like the one you outlined and more. Can't be that hard for everyone to assume the bigger heavier and more life-threatening object will take right-of-way by default in every scenario that the law allows them to (no pedestrian crossing, being the main one) plus more where the law probably doesn't allow them to, so caution is the best approach, imho.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 7d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Anyhow, who's paying for the door? I think that if she was stirring the fark out of the dog and the dog reacted unfavourably then some of the blame lies with her. I ain't trying to tell ya how to live your life mate but that's my 2.2c inc gst. I'll chuck the rant in for free :)

Damage hopefully doesn't warrant a full replace - my folks had a look and have offered to come over and sand it back and chuck some filler in it etc during the week this week for me, which is nice. Hopefully the dog gets less interested in eating the door once it's painted.

To clarify, she wasn't winding the dog up at my house (she's staying at my GF's house) - just in general she gets him all excited and lets him jump up all the time (something we're trying to train him not to do) and so I think he's feeling the separation anxiety a lot more, as he's started barking and carrying on during the night all of a sudden. He munched on the door during the night as I close that door and he sleeps in the laundry at the other end of the hall (which doesn't have a door). Previously he's just sat there and looked through the glass, waiting for us and occasionally made a noise, but usually been fairly good.

Little jerk tried a little again last night and did a little extra damage, but I heard it so got up and threw him in the spare bathroom...so think he's gonna have to go back to sleeping in there again. I was hoping to keep the laundry nicer and less doggy for guests etc, hence trying to get him into the laundry and give him some more space...but that's not going well, so back to square one I guess.

• Thanks 1