The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

If the soundcard dies at the same time as the dropouts can you disable (if onboard) or remove (if a card) and see if the issue is still happening?

(re)install the latest drivers for your network card, soundcard and also motherboard chipset?

check device manager for any conflicts?

turn off the PC leading up to the 8:30 drop out and keep browsing from a phone or tablet - see if the net drops with the computer out of the equation?

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

Do I need to point out again that the issue wasnt there prior to having the NBN connected....

6+ years on ADSL without an issue.

It's not just bang on 8.30 I've just noticed that that is one of the regular times it happens.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

From the other thread I posted was this:

If the drop outs are accompanied by a loss of power or red optical light then you have an issue with NBN's side of things, otherwise it will most likely be an issue unrelated to the NBN.

Is that what's happening at your end?

If not then it could be something on your system that's not working well with the NBN, but did with the ADSL.

Could be something as stupid as a useage checker or previous ISP's app that's expecting the old ADSL connection/IP address, or something that tries to connect to the old server at 8:30 and other random times - dropping out the NBN when it tries.

I used to have a SETI program running in the background that caused me similar issues and took ages to narrow down - didn't make any sense as to why, but deleting the program fixed the issue.

Another time it was my old anti-virus software - an update totally screwed up everything where it would lockup the system when checking for newer updates.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

Dags I have dropouts to and im hardwired into my box. You with telstra aswell or iinet? Could be a telstra thing..

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 21d

For those complaining about the app..........email support@tapatalk.com with screenshots of the proplem you're having..

Tapatalk/Motorculture are stand alone products that read forums and are not developed by those forum owners

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

lol. I never said he was awake. I am not a morning person either, but once you have kids, you sometimes wake up at 05:45am.

I have no idea if Dags has kids(I highly doubt it), but I was making suggestions in regards to the disconnects.

Maybe it is the kids doing the disconnect?