The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Finally took the bandage off again from the left pinkie... PITA kept bleeding after I took the first bandage off so had to put another bandage straight onto it. Right-index is healing up OK.

PXL_20220916_013437630.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Dog owners who are kaaarnts is wpmo

Out for my 5am walk/run with the dog and some lovely specimens are outside their house and their pitbull looking dog is off leash and runs out behind a car across the road ready to attack me and the pup. 

Pup situated herself between the dog and me instantly and thank goodness after me yelling the ferals grabbed their bully as it’s half way across the road ready to attack us. 

Can’t express how protective Fly was and wouldn’t leave my side the rest of the walk and all morning... laying all over me and wouldn’t shift from next to me until I had to leave for work. She heard someone coming down the stairs and instantly stood to attention and growled/barked until she saw it was the eldest coming downstairs for the morning and then slathered him with kisses. 

Got a nasty gouge out of my knee from the ruckus... but Jeeze just don’t let your dog out and not on a leash ffs!!! Especially if it’s prone to attack or be vicious. 

The instant of Fly putting herself in between me and the attacking dog made me even more appreciative of her... she’s a real protector and the reason I got her was to make sure I felt safe while doing my morning work outs... so good to know she’s assumed the protective role within our family without actively teaching her so. I watched her attentiveness to all the strangers we passed on the remainder of the walk and I have no doubt she is not a vicious dog but would tear strips if someone tried to grab/hurt me. 

She’s the goodest of all the doggos ❤️

Vu39NwA.jpg

• Like 3

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

My dog is very "attacking" in that sense of lunging/running towards other dogs, but he'll only sniff/lick them as he gets there (I trained him to do that and be nice first before setting off to play or be rough in wrestle play), unless they also start running then it's a chasey game for as long as both dogs can stand it haha... his desire for "play with other dogs" is immense.

The problem is people get offside when a dog moves so fast towards them, understandably so. I'm slowly training this instinct out of him, but it's a STRONG instinct. A year of training on this specific topic still has yielded barely any results, but it's slowly getting there.

Obviously it's impossible to know that the other dog will treat your dog nicely when they move so quickly so the situation is tricky at best.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Yeah for sure keif... I’ve been around my fair share of dogs and the very distinct stance this dog was taking and moving with was very telling of aggression.... it doesn’t make it easier that the breed/size of the dog is more threatening by nature for sure... but when the hair is raised, tail erect and body fully stiff as it’s moving toward you with its mouth open and teeth snarling then it’s kinda scary I will say.

Very scary to think of what the outcome could have been as once a dog starts attacking it isn’t something I have really dealt with or thought about and not something I want to experience if I can avoid it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

That must have been pretty scary. Some people shouldn't be dog owners. You might remember I posted a few years back about a dog attacking our rabbit that got out, and then tried to bail me up in the front yard, while the owner just kept walking.

At least no one was injured and you know which street to avoid in future.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...