The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 8d
14 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

I hope that Tumut does not need to be evacuated for your sake

Same. We have been very fortunate with the direction of the wind compared to other friends and their families. The wind warnings have been lifted now so hopefully gives the firies a much needed breather and can concentrate on keeping the fires put.

same back to you bloodyrantboy 😜

Hope the new decade serves you and all your loved ones well! As well

as everyone else amongst the turbo family!

I think/hope for 2020 things can only bounce back now. Surely we’ve seen the worst 🤞🏼

Now should I get you started on the greenies restricting the amount of fire hazard reduction/burn off/replenishment during the appropriate times of the year?

• Haha 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

Smoke is crazy here in Canberra too. There is a mountain ridge a couple of km away that we look at from the front of our house, plus the Brindabellas, but can't see either at the moment. Can actually see smoke hanging inside and there have been shopping centres and office buildings evacuated due to fire alarms going off over the last couple of week.s3c0f56f82a037c80758d1f87ce5af65f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

a bit ironic but me and Mrs BCB are looking at some acreage on the tablelands, with rainforest and a water supply

we are looking at retirement and going "off the grid", so it will be solar install + battery

we are checking out these 3 today:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-topaz-128281674

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-acreage+semi-rural-qld-millaa+millaa-132341018

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-qld-jaggan-700064618

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 8d

They are all really nice looking spots!!

Here an idea for some comparisons. 
The hills looking in middle of pic towards are towards goobagandra, Blowering cliffs are to the right. And bondo/Brindabellas to the left.

The smoke looks thicker in person and can see it up close but the camera doesn’t capture it.
uXu9wdN.jpg

xPzBUpM.jpg
L7iFMC6.jpg
273Ew70.jpg
hazy neighbours houses from different sun light angle:

H1rcdOl.jpg

picture of the sun:

ZGPaXI3.jpg

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 8m 19d

Look at this seat failure on this BA Ute I recently brought. Brought it broken of a bloke who probably weighed 75-80KG at best. Metal is like 1mm thick... Piss poor.
424d453351a24cf03ec2fe03a263772d.jpg46bf3080b40bee868026e7ab367f62f0.jpg9ac48e17f8f42b659d1801fd2ae31cfa.jpg

• Donating Members

Going to take to a Panel Beater friend of mine who has a welder and see if he can fix it up, And make stronger if possible, Don’t really want to have to replace seat.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

yeah, surely any metal fabrication place should be able to strengthen it relatively easily now that you've stripped it down.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 24d

Pretty common, steel base is the same L&R , find a used passengers seat & change it over- the covers just clip on & use the foam from the doner (passengers seat should have less wear). pretty simple job.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
You talking about this part here? I thought about that but by the time I find one it may be easier to have this one welded up by the time I find another base. 828f1ae01ae4aa16709bd4ae595dbffb.jpg