The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

this is a quote from NSW  "total fire ban rules"

"During a total fire ban, you cannot use a barbecue outside that uses wood, heat beads, charcoal, or any kind of solid or liquid fuel. This includes Weber "kettle" charcoal barbecues."

do you now see the hypocrisy of all this @SIMBAD?

I can't have a BBQ in my back yard, but the gumbyment can let off 6 million dollars worth of fire works

how do you think the people who have lost loved ones and everything they own feel about "fireworks" celebrations  

NSW gumbyment = no compassion for bushfire victims 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 8d

I do see both sides of view.

Bbq is never a issue for me as I only use gas.

Someone has done a risk assessment and deemed it all good to go with all appropriate measures in place (plus additional jobs) Otherwise it wouldn’t of happened. 

For such a small outlay and high return going into the city vs fireworks over Sydney harbour a risk of starting a fire somewhere was far outweighed. 

this is not a personal dig at you @SIMBAD , but money generated to city businesses do not help bushfire victims

and I could do a risk assessment of my back yard and still go ahead with a BBQ, but that would contravene the law

in essence, NSW broke there own fire ban laws, making them hypocrites 

uncompassionate hypocrites considering bushfire victims 

I'm just having a good old rant for the first day of the year :bye:

I understand that people love to see fireworks

but this year maybe, just maybe,  the powers that be could have cancelled because of extenuating circumstances 

ie: 10 people dead in bushfires, over 700 homes destroyed etc, etc

• Donating Members

Yeah I know. But like I said before. I can see the views of both sides. I understand why some are upset. And also understand why they weren’t cancelled.

Unfortunately money is always going to be a over ruling factor. Especially over a almost zero fire risk. 

I don’t know how much they’ve raised yet either for the Red Cross disaster relief. But the exposure to donate would be seen by over a billion people as well so that can’t be all bad.

In regards to having a bbq, use a gas or electric one if you must.

• Like 1

I have gas, and I don't even live in NSW :aaggl:

1 hour ago, SIMBAD said:

But the exposure to donate would be seen by over a billion people as well so that can’t be all bad.

2 wrongs don't make a right   :bbq:

• Donating Members
7 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

I'm just having a good old rant for the first day of the year :bye:

I understand that people love to see fireworks

but this year maybe, just maybe,  the powers that be could have cancelled because of extenuating circumstances 

ie: 10 people dead in bushfires, over 700 homes destroyed etc, etc

Something that may have been better is postponing the fireworks. Off the top of my head I’d say Australia Day but that will most likely offend some too.

I do live in the snowy mountains and currently I can barely make the houses out across the road from all the smoke. There’s currently a big fire maybe 20km from my house spanning from ellerslie behind Adelong to almost Cabramurra which made Batlow and tumbarumba evacuate/take cover.

Plus all the people camped at blowing dam all got evacuated as well which is a massive holiday destination for people all over coming to my area.

if there was something I could rant about is having to work night shift last night on a short Staffed crew because of no shows in top of having issues last night as well so got flogged in the 32c Smokey night. I drank about 4 litres of water and took one dehydrated piss of about 200ml. 
but I’m not going to complain. At least I have work and there’s firefighters currently doing it tougher than I ever will be ever

• Like 2