The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

ready to rip all the copper out the ground so it all gets replaced! blood is boiling. it's actually fraudulent that nbnco re used this infrastructure - they knew it was in a terrible state of disrepair.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

did you really think the nbn was going to re lay all new cables in the ground in established and or old areas? heck no. only to new estates. 

"hey telstra can we use your cable lines to make the nbn"....."sure its gonna cost ya though"! lel.

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d

We have Fibre To The Curb, so new lines basically as far as I know.
They've been running new cables all through town, vans and trucks everywhere with NBNco and something else on them.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 14d
20 hours ago, skidxr6t said:

ready to rip all the copper out the ground so it all gets replaced! blood is boiling. it's actually fraudulent that nbnco re used this infrastructure - they knew it was in a terrible state of disrepair.

blame the liberal party for that

20 hours ago, Admin (as if) said:

did you really think the nbn was going to re lay all new cables in the ground in established and or old areas? heck no. only to new estates. 

"hey telstra can we use your cable lines to make the nbn"....."sure its gonna cost ya though"! lel.

that was exactly what was supposed to happen. there was a cost involved much like there is now running across the copper

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
21 hours ago, Admin (as if) said:

Not even to new estates, I've seen plenty of brand new FTTN developments because they're under 100 houses. They bought the cables from telstra.

In their quest to save money the liberals actually took it too far, to a level I would describe as fraudulent. They knew the cabling was stuffed yet continued to go along with the plan...

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

did I hear wrong or understood incorrectly. After 18 months of the nbn being in an area, aren't they meant to be providing FTTP?

• Member For: 7y 6m 11d

absolutely sick of muppet "heroes" on the road who think they're somehow achieving something other than being dicks by speeding up and blocking you when trying to pass them.

Had one in a lexus on the way home from work today... sure I was speeding past him and others, but until he decided to block me off it was only about 5-10 over (100 zone freeway) and was my risk to take, but guy stuck with me to 140... like had he just used common sense and let me pass there would have  been no risk and much lower speeds but nooooo.... had to prove something... :veryangry:

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

I helped the nbn guys connect my place, he said all the old areas they just connect to whatever is in the pits. no new cables. only from the pit to your house is new. 

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

WPMOT:

Tiny serial numbers on hardware that are hard to read and don't exclude numbers/letters that are easy to confuse

I swear the 8 looks like a B.

1,I, 0,O, 5, S, etc should not be mixed in together 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yep, ambiguous characters are frustrating...

does it have a barcode? if so, install a barcode scanner (zxing is a good one) to scan it that way to get the real value on your phone screen rather than trying to read it.