The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 18d
11 hours ago, barnz said:

Ive not changed..Im just quitting smoking

smoking what exactly?

maybe you need a trip to the USA to a state that sells legal recreational pot...

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 15d

Good on you barnz, I hope you manage to succeed.
Giving up smoking was something I will never regret.
I personally found cold turkey was the way to go.
Smoked winnie Reds for 20 years.
The most noticeable change was more energy and food tasted so much better
?

• Like 2

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 3d

I am beyone faaarcked off.

I had my diabetes test this morning.
My bp is fabulous, my results will be back soon for that, everything else is fine and im fit and mobile and everythings no worries.

Well apparently I'm too fat for the hopsital I chose. Yep... too fat. Well according to my bmi (which has never worked for me coz even at my skinniest I am technically in the overweight category even though I am 100% fit and toned) I am too fat to have my baby there as its a smaller hospital and they "dont have the required equipment to deal with people as obese as me such a larger beds" well that's according to the midwife. My bmi is still 3 points under the maximum range but they anticipate I will gain loads in this last part of pregnancy (well its not megaining is it, its the bloody baby but never mind that or the fact I never gained mass amounts with my son.

So I have to now change everything and move to a huge public hospital which by every account is crap and like a cattle prod line for births as its in a sh*tty demographic area and I have 0 say about my ceserean and the dates and skin to skin after and all the normal stuff I had.
Then to boot apparently they're always low on beds so ill have to share a room and probably be sent home almost immediately after my section and partners cant stay either.

So lets sum this up... even though I am not very overweight normally (id say chubby) apparently my giant baby bump has made me too fat to give birth (even though ive lost weight and weight a solid 5kg less now than pre prepregnancy) at that hospital because their beds and facilities are not equipped for fat kuuunts like me even though my health is as perfect as can be. Not only that but because they neglected to mention this or pick it up at my initial appintment (when I actually weighed more than now) I never had time to source a different doc or hospital or chose private. So now im fhhhukd and stuck.

Also when I pointed out the heavily overweight woman in the waiting room who looked as if shed kiel over if she had to walk to the corner and asked why she didnt have to go I was told even though she clearly weighed nearly double what I do she was taller so her bmi was still within the respectable range. Even though im fit and still working and excercising every day etc.
So essentially the beds can handle her lard ass but not mine? Riiiggghhhtttt.

And for referance:

This is me:

ec59aaa903b666a072362afa288f2423.jpg

Clearly im way too fat for normal hospital beds and sh*t.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 23d

Blame every person who thought it was a good idea to sue the hospital because of a complication caused by their poor lifestyle choices.

You probably hit two or three criteria on a risk assessment matrix so you get bumped.

My wife went through through a similar issue. Not due to BMI etc but as she was deemed high-risk first time (due to an undiagnosed blood disorder that is now completely under control and was under control the duration of the pregnancy) we had to go through the Joy of paying a private OBGYN to deliver in a public hospital.

Welcome to the stage in life where you've worked hard enough that you get to pay for everything and get nothing in return.

• Like 3