The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 25d

I know this is a touchy touchy topic, but which party is actually there to look after out best interests.

Right now I just want my NBN connection that was promised for December 2013 and I am still f*cken waiting for a connection to the node now and not to the premises.

If I want a connection to the premises, it is gonna cost me and additional $3000 that I have to cough up. Like get f*cked wankers.

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d
Politics

Imma loose a lot of people here but I hope you stock it through

To be more specific the election is what's pissing me of

I am a fan of politics, always have been. I love knowing how this country works, it's gross and bloated but without it, well we wouldn't be here right now.

But for 2 months every 4 years almost every friend, family, acquaintance, colleague and the union becomes an instant expert in politics.

The problem with the election it becomes a gladiatorian battle to the death. The general population and media can't get enough of it. Journalism breaks down into editorial pieces. We scream for more blood and then wonder how we got here.

The stage is set, the colosseum is ready and we the audience can't get enough of it.

You share the most pro or anti x or y or z party as much as you can without fact checking because it agreed with your preconceived biases, you tell your friends this country is in ruins by the other. And the party machine does the same. Anytime anyone tried to rise above they get shot down faster than Chris Evans on top gear.

I've had the union at work tell me whom I should be voting for, I've had friends show me known bullsh*t and treat it as truth. Logic goes out the window for these brief months.

The real problem is the loudest and the angriest, yell the hardest and get the most attention. While logic gets tossed aside. All proper discourse goes down the drain.

On the wild world of social media everyone has the same opportunity, everyone has an equal platform (to an extent) and lies, fear and scaremongering rule. It doesn't matter if it's true or not because it's already been seen and shared by millions.

It is far easier to scare someone out of the truth than it is to teach them the truth.

I for one can't wait for July 3rd and I can get back to enjoying politics and make informed decisions in 4 years time.

Right now though I'm just sick of it.

couldnt have said it better. my boss mr kennard runs for the lib dems in sydney... and ive been up til 10pm writting emails to him in regards to his policies and asking questions. I find politics amazingly interesting and id love to be more involved later in life. howeevr times like now bring the uneducated plebs out who will believe anything they read without question. and think they know whats best for them and assume its best for the country.

I still dont know who ill be supporting this election but I saw something today that really grinds my gears ..

an election poster with "we will protect you from islam" the partys the australia liberty alliance so basically redneck butt fhucking ass wipes .

the first thing I thought of when I read this was.... I didnt know I needed protection from islam :/

I mean I know I could do with protection from a bunch of other stuff...

could do with protection from ridiculous tax rises for people on 80k coz theyre supposedly high imcome.

could do with protectction from politicians trying to ruin our healthcare system and privatised health care funds hiking prices constantly.

could do with protection from the crazy people who was guns to be legalised here in australia

could do with protection from job cuts and imdustry falling to crap coz import tax is so low in this country we import even our fresh produce.

could do with protection for the kids in abusive homes getting sexually and physically abused every day because familes sa and the government dont have a strong enough infrastructred system to enable the kids places to go so they get left in homes in danger.

could do with protection from my electricity and emergency prices going up here in sa higher than any state because they feel like it.

could do with protection from our own justice system letting criminals out with a slap on the wrist after our police work so hard to catch them.

actually I can think of a chit load of things I need protection from... but never once have I woken up in the middle of the night thinking... sh*t my countrys democracy is under threat by islam and I am so scared.

Actually what do wake up and think about is how can so many australians be brainwashed as easy as americans to think that one minority is the source of all our problems as a society. How could a group of people become so redneck racist its ok even plaster it all over election posters to discriminate against a religion?

I'm pretty hopeful that in 20 years were sitting at a table at our local arabic resteraunt having a conversation with our kids about how the wogs were discriminated against in the 50s... how the vietnamese were ostracised in the 80s for migrating here and how the muslims were discriminated against in the 10s because a few extremists who followed the Islamic religion chose to commit atrocities. Then we laugh about how silly it was and how its utterly ridiculous to think that a few select people represent a whole set of people and cultures are somehow the devil and evil because we are really just affriad of the unknown, and if that had if been the case then catholics should have been deported to the vatican years ago.

the last time I was walking down the street scared of a burka or an arabic man... never... I was however scared of that so called white australian flinging around a bottle of alcohol sitting on the curb abusing passing people for god knows what reason... probably because were so australian we gave him the money for his alcohol and smokes... because he didnt need to work for the last 7 years... because even though hes a previously convicted felon he still deserves benefits and rights and one of those is to sit and abuse fellow australians in a gutter ... dont think he was a muslim.

im happy knowing im a reasonable, caring, compassionate, empamathetic, intelligent person who will not join in a mob mentality against a group of people who happen to have a different belief system to me.

that's why I dont need protection from islam!

• Like 1

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 8d

The media's ability to beat up a story beyond all reasonable measure.

Just catching up on the fallout of the Eddie McGuire comments.

Can't imagine how much it's being beat up in AFL states.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

The way I see it

Every single party will fail you at some point

But who is the best for society in general

I'm not endorsing anyone publicly but I'm just fed up with it all

Especially union delegates

It's totally unethical

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d

why is everyone so focused on this nbn... yes its one issue but if that's the basis of your election voting then fml ... also gay marriage.... im all for it but we have bugger fish to fry than just those two topics... im sick of people only yapping on about them.