Exhaust

robbo17586

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 5d

I'm looking at getting the nizpro 4in exhaust for my 2010 FG turbo. Anyone got one on their ride and if so, what's it like........ did you gain much hp out of it, tone when cruising and does it sound wicked when your punching the throttle hard?

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

^^^ nightmare to fit I've heard - minimal clearance. I'd look at other options like the CES 3.5" or even xforce.

• Like 1

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

I've only heard it on b series. Fitment is a pain, that's why there normally only fitted by nizzy retailers.

Flow is as good as it gets.

The sound is like no other exhaust ive heard though. Hard to describe.

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

many larger exhaust systems are a nightmare to fit, due to space restrictions, the Nizpro is no worse than other 4" systems.

Xforces are hit or miss and even on the smaller systems.

On the FG with the smaller turbo a single 3.5" will handle all the turbo can produce.

The nIzpro is noiser and dronier than I like and at the time were working on a Flapper to quiten things down which Bel paid for when she got her system on her G6ET, (hint hint Possum) but makes easy power but did require the turbo to be ported to bring the boost down to a level I wanted to run

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 28d

I'm curios also... Is it worth getting the full system with the small turbo? In theory you will make the same power with less boost as there is less restriction correct? I know about porting the flapper but properly designed big exhausts sound amazing!

• Donating Members

I've only heard it on b series. Fitment is a pain, that's why there normally only fitted by nizzy retailers.

Flow is as good as it gets.

The sound is like no other exhaust ive heard though. Hard to describe.

It does look to be a very good system. There is some modification required if you have a factory tow kit fitted. I've heard overboosting is a problem with larger exhausts but am more than prepared to get the waste gate modified to suit and will throw a turbosmart actuator on it as well. When you say hard to describe....... good or bad?

• Donating Members

Yeah, have checked all the vids out on youtube. Doesn't really give much away. Love the note at idle though in the other vids. Pretty sure that's what I'll end up getting. Pretty keen on the fact that it uses v-band clamps, no bolts (apart from the turbo flange) and no welding.