Clutch Pedal To Floor

Kroozin

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 25d

Hey guys,

I was about to go out this morning but hAve found the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor.

I drove the car last night and didn't really notice anything other than it being a tad harder to select gears though it was a short drive and I just put it down to a cold box.

Anyway so I've checked the clutch fluid and found it was low almost non-existent.

Tried to top her up and nil effect. Ive got a tilt tray coming and I'm Gunna chuck the car on my dads hoist.

Any ideas what may of happened?

I'm going to try and bleed the clutch... Do I need to pull the tailshaft out and slide the gearbox back out of the bell housing? Or does the complete box need to come off inc. bell housing just so I can bleed the clutch.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10d

Is the clutch standard? If so they can be painful to bleed. On the top left hand side of the gearbox in the start of the belgousing there is a little hole there.

If your clutch is stock you will JUST manage to see a bleeder that is extended out from the csc.

From memory it's 10mm but may be 8.

Make sure you get a catching system on the bleeder as to avoid fluid getting in the belhousing.

Falcon clutches are a pain to bleed. After bleeding through with a suction pump. I bleed through properly with a second person: down open, close up etc.

After that's done I pump the clutch continuously for about 5 minutes with the lid off and that normally self bleed the remainder.

I it's still average. Leave the lid off for a couple hours and try again. Should be good then!

If you have Ace clutch your in for a treat. The bleeder comes out of the box in a braided line, so damn easy in comparison :)

The most like cause if the fluid is low. When you depress the pedal it has sucked air from

Depletin the resiovouir.

Best of luck mate if you have any dramas feel free to PM

• Menace
  • Donating Members

Yeh turns out the slave is rooted.

I've pulled the box out by myself due to bein an impatient bugger and am just in the process of swapping the slave over (lucky I had a spare).

It's an opt. 3 clutch and luckily I had a spare opt 3+ slave lying around :).

Bout an hr or so and my mate will be here to help refit everything.

Thank god I've got s hoist and a electric fork thingy I can use.

The clutch doesn't have the braided bleed line though for some reason which is abit of a pita.

I'll just bleed it while it's separated and together... phuck it ;)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 23d

how do you plan to bleed it with the box separated without popping the slave cylinder apart?

11mm (or possibly 7/16's) 1/4 drive socket gets onto the bleed inside the bellhousing. Just flush the housing out with water when your done.

• Menace
  • Donating Members

Yeh true had a blond moment.

Spewin I'll have to flush it out though I'm just asking for contamination..

Hows the best way to flush it out. There sfa spots to put the hose in..

Should I just go nuts with the water and just let it dry for a couple of days?

Or do ya reckon a light rinse will be ok?

Edited by Kroozin

• Menace
  • Donating Members

I'm thinkin of goin balls out and bleeding it in side then separate the gearbox again flush and wipe then refit again....

Can't believe it doesn't have the braided line I had the clutch fitted by intune ages ago before I knew any better. I wonder if they have a spare 1 lyin around I could pinch.. LOL.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 29d

hey dont put the std slave back in get an alloy one. they get slow and slip for a split second during gear changes halving your clutch life. mal wood has them it will never crap itself again :)