Dsc Issues On My 06 Bf Xr6T - Steering Column Misaligned

Ale

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

Dont be too let down by the dealer, some of the stuff they have done sounds silly but they are working with a annoying fault. To be honest it sounds like it probably is the abd module playing up since the sensors and wiring are meant to be all good.

The dealer shouldnt have been replacing or recalibrated the same sensor over and over when it hadnt worked the first time, if I did that at work I get kicked. But with having to troubleshoot funny issues I know how hard it can be and sometimes the only way to sort it is replace parts at a guess and hope you get the problem one.

Out of interest what are you full tyre sizes for the front and rear?

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

Yeh theres a shop near us that uses that hanatech one but they still sublet alot of their ford diagnostics to us... Maybe they dont know how to use it im not sure... Ids was well over 8k but that comes with a few other vehicle measurement modules and pressure transducers and shaft balancing equipment... It really is a good thing just gota know how to use it properly, alot of dealers dont even know how to use datalogger properly

I'd probably say it's too hard for them, we are getting so many cars recently that other shops give up on, whether they do not have the correct equipment, lack of knowledge or just believe it will be too time consuming, who knows?

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d

Dont be too let down by the dealer, some of the stuff they have done sounds silly but they are working with a annoying fault. To be honest it sounds like it probably is the abd module playing up since the sensors and wiring are meant to be all good.

The dealer shouldnt have been replacing or recalibrated the same sensor over and over when it hadnt worked the first time, if I did that at work I get kicked. But with having to troubleshoot funny issues I know how hard it can be and sometimes the only way to sort it is replace parts at a guess and hope you get the problem one.

Out of interest what are you full tyre sizes for the front and rear?

wheels:

20x8 +30 fronts running 245/30/20

20x10 + 40 rears running 275/30/20

The issue is annoying, but its the same one over and over agin, and its like clockwork, same error, same time, same everything.

The first 3 times they had a excuses which was plausible,wheel alignments, bushes, wheel change, but further recalibrations are just stupid.

In all fairness, the second to last time they just recalibrated it was cos theyd quoted me X amount for the sensor and its replacement, when I booked it in and dropped it off, they then rang me at work.

Admitted to not having the sensor in stock and had under quoted the job aswell!!. So I agreed for them just to recalibrate it until next time.Next time was replacement and recalibration, but Im now back to square one, the same one I was in 10 months ago.

Scan tool: tech was using this one: http://www.ebay.com....=item35bdc96438

he blatently said you can get a cheap knock off that even though he hadnt used, could do the same thing.

Edited by Ale

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

As far as im aware ford absolutely does not give ids licenses to anyone but dealers. It is fake

Herrods motorsport have the exact same tool in that ebay ad. They are not affiliated with ford. (that I know of)

Saying that, the one on ebay seems to be from america and I bet that it will not work with aus fords.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d

As far as im aware ford absolutely does not give ids licenses to anyone but dealers. It is fake

I dont understand your comment, the one Ive linked is the one Ford was using. He just mentioned hed heard you could by an ebay knock off that "should" have the same abilities, but he hadnt used one nor suggested I should try it. He was very vague about it.

I see no point in putting the standard wheels back on, like I said, it was exactly the same with the stockies!! The only way Id do it if Ford recalibrate it for free, and I buy them another 6 weeks of grace wilst they work it out, cos I can asure you it will just do it again.

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

having different size wheels may be causing a long term issue, it may not, but it possibly may be, the ecu may see the difference in wheel speed as a problem and after a while triggers the code, by having stock size wheels on it will eliminate one possible cause and 1 possible excuse for them not to track down the problem

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

Yes that is a vcm module that you need for the ids software to cominicate with a vehicle but you are limited to whatever version it is and whatever cars that version supports, if you try and update the software via ford (only way) they will see the fake license and from what iv been told they let the software "upgrade" and when you next plug the vcm in to a vehicle the new software fataly corrupts the vcm firmware and removes ids software from the computer....