Leighs Ed Turbo

retro-xr6t

• Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 3d

Nice build mate, looks like your doing everything properly :)

But why the secret with the turbo ? its not like its hard to make big power in a barra motor ?

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 15d

Nice build mate, looks like your doing everything properly :)

But why the secret with the turbo ? its not like its hard to make big power in a barra motor ?

Thanks man, yeah I wanted to do everything properly, not cut corners.

I dunno just figured I'd keep something a little closer to my chest until results were to be seen, don't really wanna talk about power figures until it actually makes them if you know where im coming from, with all the hype these days about power figures, so long as the car does what I want it to do and does 1/4 times that im aiming for I'll be happy with whatever the end number is.

The Turbo is a Borg Warner S366 Bullseye with BatMo Race cover and BatMoWheel turbine. The turbine setup is designed to increase surface area inside the housing, basically the turbo is a 66mm turbo, but with the BatMoWheel it is uprated to do the job of a 71mm turbo. However, the BatMoWheel and BatMo Race cover, assist in spooling and creating lower rpm torque. So in a nutshell, the turbo is the size of a 66mm turbo, can create the power of a 71mm but has the spool of a smaller turbo.

It's fairly new technology to come out, so im kind of seeing how it goes, not too many cars have been tested with these turbo's on but the graphs that have been released by Borg Warner and a couple of supra forums have shown that low down torque is waay higher.

nice- will surprise a few punters out there when its done...

Thanks mate :), trying to aim for a sleeper look.

Edited by retro-xr6t

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 1d

I'm interested in this turbo thingy..lol. Sounds awesome, will be great to see how you go with it and even better if it does just as they've said :buttrock:

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I'm interested in this turbo thingy..lol. Sounds awesome, will be great to see how you go with it and even better if it does just as they've said :buttrock:

Yeah will be interesting to see for sure, especially since I am also trialling the Atomic Viper intake manifold which is basically a ported and flow mapped FG manifold (Simon at XFT has had iirc 943rwhp out of one of these stock and unmodified).

So anyways bit of an update as well, a whole bunch of goodies has arrived including a fuel cell, all my fittings, Aeromotive 1000hp fuel pump, Aeromotive 1000hp FPR, braided lines, bosch 2300cc injectors and thermo fans, so now the task of making the engine work! It's looking like I'll max out the fuel pump at this stage but can always add a second in if that's the case.

E1701319-F4C1-43CD-AF92-0CDEC85AB997-244-00000014A2AB550C.jpg

As blasphemous as it may be, its not the only holden/hsv part helping to put this car together, the serpentine belt is a actually a super6 one, and fits perfectly without running the A/C pulley.

9E26F6C3-D38A-4D3A-8FE0-20D8E523EB41-2992-0000033437785693.jpg

300x600x100 Intercooler with 3" inlet and outlet is now fitted and piping as well, holes are cut and prepped for piping to enter the engine bay.

C2C05A88-5E3B-4B6A-ADCA-F3AF14D39B47-244-000000149DA216A6.jpg

Front scorcher bar all cut up and test fitted, needs to be colour coded which is on the list but all fits nicely now, gonna look sweet. Looking at painting cooler black to stop any prying eyes from realising wtf is going on lol.

E3908D21-F8F4-4D36-99D7-8B5772D486FF-2992-00000334358D33DC.jpg

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 1d

No need to paint to hide haha they'll hear ya coming :P

Looks good bud! Lol good pick up on the super6 belt hahah

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Haha nah I only have 1 of each, will run it to what they can handle and if they max out then will have to add another pump and reg in. See how it goes but on e85 it might be pushing the boundaries of whats safe.

or get bigger reg even