Leighs Ed Turbo

retro-xr6t

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

A good result for all then, twin turbo Lambo = win.

Hopefully I can race him and get hosed, he will feel much better then :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 10d
Been a little while so thought I'd update again, the car made its way back to BYE after a bit of a break to figure out what the issue was at the drags, turns out the intake vernier cam shaft gear had slipped out of where it was set, causing a crank and cam trigger issue at high rpm under full load, the result being a loss of 40rwhp and not being able to rev over 5000rpm without serious power loss and popping and farting.
Luckily for me it wasn't a really big issue and was quite easily put back in place and re-tensioned. The only cause for it that I can think of is the shock on the valvetrain from all the limiter action it see's in the lower gears has made it slip slightly over time to the point where it actually started to affect the tune.
Also had an ECU upgrade, Link have released a new Link G4+ Xtreme, its basically the same as the G4 Xtreme but with a few new features including dual CAN ports and some other nifty things to help fine tune things, and Justin put it up on the dyno for another touch up tune making basically the same power as it had at powercruise, 663rwhp on 1 psi less boost, the car made a touch more torque and seems to be a little more responsive now too.
G4Tune_zps261f978f.jpg
A couple weeks went on and it was time to get ready for summernats, so I packed the car up and off it went with WONAGO, STEALTH, 1FATRAT, BRUTEUTE and BLWNWGN on the transporter. I had a pretty good time over there, entered a few events and missed out on a few as I was too busy watching skids and havin a laugh. Figured as a last minute thing I would enter the dyno competition over there just for a laugh and ended up actually coming 4th in the 6 cyl class overall, so I was pretty stoked about that. Also managed to crack the 700rwhp mark on the mainline summernats dyno, which was run by Mainline themselves. I was so stoked at this achievement! Here's a couple things for now, I still have to take stuff off my go pro and upload them to youtube.
702rwhp/523rwkw
ED702rwhpNats_zpsdb74f3ba.jpg
Dyno Run
Skid Vid

On the truck

EDtrailernats2_zps962e3205.jpg
EDtrailernats_zps9e5cd427.jpg
  • Like 2

• Member For: 21y 24d

You are having a great time there. Great result on the hp. I didn't use the crow adjustable vernier gears (just solid ones on my e series) . Once I had a close look at it I figured it couldn't be trusted. I did change the bolts and washers but even then thought not worth the hassle as you hardly even play with it. It just shifts the power around a little.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 10d

Cheers mate yeah having a ball so far! Yeah we were looking at the way they're tensioned as well, not convinced they are the greatest thing to be honest but they're on there now, if it happens again I'll look at changing them to something else because its not the best thing for the motor.