How Many Washers Should Be Installed

xrKEZZ

• Member For: 14y 10m 12d

Hi all failry new to owning an fg xr6T and just have a question that I cant seem to find imformation for. I just purchased and installed the Turbosmart Kompact Dual port, and currently have no washers in it with almost fully tightened up, Pretty sure that there isnt any leaks when idiling but just wanted to make sure its right so im wondering if anyone else has the same BOV running stock boost and if you used the washers or not?

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 25d

iv played around with one of these on my FG, I found that I had to use all the washes included, and tighten it all the way to stop air coming through tthe piston.

I wasnt happy as the piston still didnt close properly while ideling, I cbf putting more washes in it (already had like 5-6 in there) so I gave it back to my mate.

I didnt like the noise it made either

Edited by Ford Freak

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m 22d

Hey mate I have an xr6 turbo mk11 ute and the same kompact dual port blow off valve I dont run any washers just tighten it up all the way and back it off a quarter of a turn was spot on for me piston seals at idle and sounds great if you want it louder run it full atmo ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 8d

Hey guys, I too have the same TS BOV. Im running it on a MKII FG F6 and I dont run any washers either. Same deal, tightened up all the way and backed off just a little.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 6m 25d

Shouldn't leak no matter how many washers or turns in, if the signal line is plumbed correctly there is even pressure on both sides of the piston under boost..I run 19psi with no leaks and spring set to soft

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 12d

I too have one of these turbo smart ones on my fg mk2 and the thing is attracting attention from the boys in blue. Has anyone put the cap in it to plumb it back? Does it quiet it down much?

• 1 month later...