Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 26d

I bought some led reverse lights (fuarkin bright for blind people like me) and led indicators to try for my old focus. pretty good. 

Edited by bossmang

• 4 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

PXL_20221228_071207749.jpg

These should be useful going forward. Sick of breaking them and/or them feeling flimsy after I've just taken them out of their position just once :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Dashcam used for the snowies trip (amongst other things) :) it's about as fancy as I get from a "capturing footage" point of view.

FA3fV7v.jpg

C4lZROv.jpg

Reasonable quality camera after doing some research on finding a replacement from the super-crappy one I bought a while back (that I got alongside the ICC replacement; don't think I ever posted about it...)

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

^^ for that bad-boy to record with 1440p30 front, 1080p30 rear & interior cameras, it needs quite a lot of data for a single day of snowies cruising (around 150-200gb per day, as it turns out :P), so I decided to get a quality + big enough SD card:

rOMs1c5.jpg

The manual for the camera says it only takes 256gb maximum ahha, clearly that's conservative...

The same "class/type etc" of card has an "extreme endurance" range which when you check the sandisk website, it has identical specifications to this one, so I just got this one and so far it's working perfectly... reading up on dashcams and bigger than specified cards, you have to be vigilant to maintain it's expected lifetime, e.g. often clean the footage off the card, don't let it get too close to full, format the card every now and then using your pc/mac and then use the formatter within the dashcam etc. So far so good :)

• Like 1