Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

Not sure if this belongs in the Whats on the menu thread or here.... Either way, pre-orded this cookbook the day of the announcement. Arrived on Wednesday, keen to see what comes of it 😁

vFLMSxo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Replaced my ancient Logitech Z-2300 2.1 system that I bought around the 2006ish times as it's left speaker stopped working and was always a budget purchase that lasted a lot longer than I thought it would with a reasonable amount of bass which was what I cared about most back then haha

With this, the Edifier S351DB 2.1 system.

HGackHp.jpeg

RFiAi2O.jpeg

qurPCGo.jpeg

Onto the actual speakers, instead of the box :)

W7TsjO0.jpeg

rqoZrLi.jpeg

It has significantly cleaner audio with plenty of bass for it's use-case as an occasional music player and mostly a TV/movie sound system. Has roughly the same power output as the Z-2300's mid/treble output but less bass power, but there's still plenty of bass output :) But it also costs about 2x the equivalent logitech offering (Z632), but the build quality and sound quality are definitely worth the extra cost, let alone the ability to control it with remote :P ...

Have used them for a couple of days now and they're great :buttrock: 

• Like 2

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

Home audio, well all audio, has always been an interest to me. I'd love to make my own system one day - I reckon it'd be a pretty fun project.

That system is really good though, you chose well! Clear sound with a lot of punch from the sub. Amazing how good things can sound when you put it through a well built system. Good choice!

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 6m 4d

My Logitech Z-5300 setup is still going strong since March 2010.

I didn't want the hassle of having an amplifier etc. and after reading a review about them being heard 4 blocks away, I was sold.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha the bass on those things does go a decent distance, as it's a similar sub setup to that which my z-2300 had... it would rattle well, but the sound quality was muddy at best.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

bought some head phones to replace the old and decrepit Koss BT540i that I posted here in 2015 ->https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/81090-cool-stuff-you-just-bought/?do=findComment&comment=1572808

They arrived on Monday from the US (not actually a bad delay considering the *gestures broadly* situation).

Monoprice BT600 ANC. They are excellent quality and have a great set of features for their price.

Having used them for an entire work-week, they're absolutely a huge step up in quality compared to the old ones in all respects (except the touch controls are a bit finicky compared to buttons, but oh well). These are my first noise-cancelling headphones and you could say I'm impressed but that'd be a huge understatement.

the box:

H0mKGRU.jpeg

nB2N1ml.jpeg

The carry case and the headphones inside:

htsF5fa.jpeg

4yhRBxL.jpeg

And a random assortment of photos of the headphones as they came out of the box:
qxchX2k.jpeg
TBJ6Huz.jpeg
UFBC4zx.jpeg
nuEUDrU.jpeg
w8zN0Dx.jpeg

They go really loud, have a "harman" curved audio tuning for all it's connection types which I have tuned out with a known frequency response re-jig via "wavelet" on Android and holy crap do they sound good now and most reviews only have the sound quality as a minor annoyance depending on preference. Let's hope it stays together better than the old koss which just kept falling apart and having to be re-glued over the months/years as the "build quality" feels pretty good, but it's plastic and as we know plastic doesn't last forever :)

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Keef: Has a missus...

Also Keef:

2 hours ago, k31th said:

my first noise-cancelling headphones

2 hours ago, k31th said:

They go really loud

• Like 2
  • Haha 2