Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

I'm not sure how cool this is but I bought a step counter/hr monitor this evening. 

The wife has one and her friend does too so I figured why not? It is just a cheapy.

I also bought a Sunbeam SmartBake Custom 1.25KG Bread Maker as well. Not as cheap but considering we go through 4 loaves a week it should come in handy!

• Like 2

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

I miss fresh bread-maker bread. Mum used to make it when I was younger, god it was awesome to come home to! Speaking of appliances, didn't buy it today but I bought a new dishwasher last break and it gets delivered on Wednesday when I get home...pretty excited to not have to do dishes by hand anymore! Also considering using a chunk of the bonus I get paid this week to get a big solar setup on my roof so I can run the ducted aircon all summer without worrying about the associated power bills!

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
14 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

I bought a new dishwasher

If you haven't had one before you'll wonder why you didn't get one years ago. 

It's been my experience that the $4 coles powder works as good as anything else and using a finishing liquid is a waste of money too. 

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

I've had a dishwasher in a previous rental a couple of houses ago, so I definitely know what I've been missing out on! GF also has one at her place. My house actually came with one, but it was a really old dishdrawer and one of the circuit boards farked out ages ago and would turn itself on and run cycles randomly...so I just turned it off at the power point and left it. Couldn't justify the cost of fixing it, when it was old and horrible anyway, so figured I'd put the money I'd spend on repairing it towards a new one. Was chatting to the missus about it recently and saying I was about ready to actually buy a new one and she reckons it'd be potentially hamstringing myself with respects to potential kitchen design when I redo my kitchen in the future, as I may want a fully integrated etc in my new kitchen. Took what she said on board and found that Miele sell stainless steel fascia panels for some of their fully integrated dishwashers. So I thought that'd be a good way to go - means I can use that fascia for now and then potentially use a proper integrated panel when I redo the kitchen.

Got myself this one:

https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/dishwashers-2510.htm?mat=10470900&name=G_6660_SCVi

5-star water rating and 4.5 star energy rating. Has auto-load sensing, so I can run a half-size load and it'll only use like 6.5L of water...which is considerably less than doing them by hand!

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 1