Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
On 7/27/2018 at 9:21 PM, hopper8 said:

Similar to mine! Although mine isn't retractable. I have xbox, TV, laptop, Wii, chromecast and DVD player hooked up, with 5.1 surround sound. Watching the F1s on there is mint :D22d0a081ff08765d4b0e871cf73156fe.jpg4aa2c400bea87578b2f6c424fac48192.jpgdd109d6e52191912b2af737904dc3c30.jpg

Hard to see from the photos, but what are the speakers, sub and amp?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

I need to build my new walls so I can set the HT back up! Going overkill this time with six 18's for LFE and midbass duty. Not sure they'll all fit but we'll see....waited six months for the bloody Dayton UM18-22's to be in stock though!
The GST on every overseas purchase now EAD though!

• Donating Members
Someone new is just showing off........... 1 month band. :pandalol::pandalol:

Getting Solar put on the house this Tuesday went all out with 6.5kw with 23 panels. Can't wait
Not sure what you do down your way but we normally put the electric hot water on a timer wired in at the main switchboard (1hr a day is plenty and 1hr every 3-4 days in summer for us...lol) at around 1pm and for the pool I run it from 8am-3pm in winter and 8am-6pm in summer. This is all on Tariff 11 so it uses the solar. We have three different Tariffs in Townsville (11, 33 & 31).
My 6kw Eurosolar setup (22 panels and 5kw inverter $4600 installed) gets from memory 35kw a day in summer 26kw in winter but will have to double check as I rarely check it now tbh!
I leave the aircons on tariff 33 though as they run 24/7 for 4 months during summer (late Nov to March).
A mate in his new "flash" house has 12kw in panels and the 18kw Tesla battery. Think he worked it out to start getting a return in about 9yrs.
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
5 minutes ago, bjc said:

gets from memory 35kw a day in summer 26kw in winter

That's pretty much what we use (31 per day) but we don't have solar so we pay about $85 per week on average.

I saw a 6.5kw system for about 4k last week. 

It's getting pretty tempting as it'll pay for itself in less than 3 years and the bills are only going to big bigger as the kids grow up.

• Donating Members

Yes which is why I went with it. I've had my system on for almost 3yrs now with no issues. Never cleaned them as that's what rain does if we ever get it and it's a dust bowl where I live! Mine has to just outlive what I paid for it which it will do and it keeps my house slightly cooler thanks to taking up a fair chunk of the roof.
At $4k I'd get it installed..... I went with Eurosolar in the end as there was no difference in parts to our local wanker who in the end caused my mate more issues than it was worth (2 months of issues) and was $6500.
If you like to be power smart then it's a no brainer imo. It's a basic system that works!
You could even go lead acid with FullRiver batteries but like the Tesla they have a limited max output current, still worth it also imo.
The inverter has wifi with a website for monitoring and evaluation but I cbf monitoring it after 2 months.
It also makes me feel better that I'm offsetting the fact that my F6X doesn't have a cat converter or meet emissions....

• Member For: 6y 23d
Hard to see from the photos, but what are the speakers, sub and amp?
The speakers are a 5.1 Accusound set up (not sure model details, can probably look it up if you have to know). Not premium but certainly decent. The receiver /amp is an Onkyo with 6 inputs, again, does the job without going all out. 63d47dd249290d0dda4c9b9d09827e5b.jpg
  • Like 2

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Cheers mate, always interested to hear/talk about people's hifi gear (used to work at West Coast Hi-Fi during uni and am generally just interested).

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
2 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

always interested to hear/talk about people's hifi gear

Picked up a Sony DN1080 AV receiver and a pair of Jensen in roof speakers (am about to do the roof wiring for the projector, lights etc so thought it'd easier to put in the speakers at the same time)

All the equipment is at rear of the room - TV and projector (and speakers when they become an option) at the far end - no more blinking lights in the field of view :)

Receiver has 6 HDMI in, 2 HDMI out, so will become the centre of the whole tangle of wires/cables etc.

Hooked up now to the Foxtel, PC, PS4, Wii, XBoxOne, Oppo BluRay player - feeding to the TV and the Projector

XboxOne and BluRay player both have passthrough HDMI as well if I ever need to add to the tangle.

Haven't got any floor speakers or sub yet, but will be ready for 5.1.2 Atmos, DTS-X etc when I finally get the rest.

Sonos is the current audio fed from the TV.

Needless to say - the lounge is a total mess at the moment, but should be worth it once it's all up and going.

Mates dropping round tonight so should have the extra hands to help screw the screen into the roof, so that'll clear up a lot of the space.

• Like 1