Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

Is that the flex plate from your ZF? With a new stronger centre I'm assuming?

Correct. It probably looks pretty similar to the one in your car Steve. Its a Nizpro plate. I doubt I would be able to make one for the price Simon charges.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d

Did you run out of welding wire.

+1

Looks like they replace the center with thicker stronger steel and spot weld it on?

Ralph what is the ballpark supply figure for one of these?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Paging Ralph Wiggum...think he found them to be waaaaaaaaaaaay too solid and caused excessive NVH issues?

Just read more on the ad and he talks them up for this actually:

An extensive development program has made our Technico Torque Master Engine Mounts the smoothest and toughest poly bushed engine mounts available. Although they are about 60% stiffer than stock, they have been harmonically tuned to minimize vibration at idle and low engine speeds, yet are rated to withstand well over 1500 Nm of torque (over a 1000 BHP).

These billet alloy, poly bushed engine mounts control torque by stiffening up the engine, constraining both its lift and movement. This increases the transmission of power to the rear wheels. It also significantly improves handling, because less movement of the engine means less weight shift and transfer. Control without the harness normally associated with stiff mounts.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 28d

Yeh I'm pm'd ralph and he said they were too noisy for him with the forgies and being a manual.. Which is the same combo I'd have.

Glad I checked with him

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

Everything John lists in his ad is true. They do transform the car. I actually had to reduce the rebound damping on my shock as the engine is tied in so well is doesn't act act a pendulum/counter weight moving side to side and up and down due independently to the chassis.

In my case the combo of rattly forgies and near solid mounts was more than I could handle day to day. The transition from idle to around 1200 was the worst. I found and if i bumped the idle up to around 970 the vibes stopped at idle and the transitional vibration was greatly reduced.

Unfortunately at that rpm point my old forgies liked to play their song loud and proud so in time it was more than I could handle.

In a auto car or a car that gets tracked hard I would run them again in a heartbeat.

• Like 3