Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Haha fark me I forgot I even bought that tool above, I'd better attach something tomorrow lol. Any whoozle, onto my latest purchase...I took me beer cans up to the recycle yard yesterday and noticed a medium giant compressor in the yard. I asked how much he wanted and it was 30c per kg. I told him I'd pick it up today and $80 later this beauty was mine! It just needs a motor, apparently it works fine otherwise. Before I get asked, it ain't getting turned into a turbo burn barrel, although I am pretty damn tempted lol. I wanted a bigger compressor for the shed and this is what I've got.

IpQZM2F.jpg

• Shocked 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've got a 50 litre/3.5hp rig now that just doesn't cut it for working on cars. It's workable but frequently gets overloaded when I get hectic with drying parts or using my air ratchet. To answer the question, yes it should service a medium size workshop, whenever I get the huge shed on the back :)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Got bored so decided to chuck air into the big compressor. Farker was leaking out of cylinder 2 which should not have been the case.

Opened it up and there is a broken spring and washer/valve in the valve assembly in the head. Will be easy to sort out a new washer and spring. The other cylinders suck like a hooker trying to start a bus when you turn the pulley.

Part numbers from Accupart are CUM8127940 for the washer and CUM8190334 for the spring if anyone else has this issue :) Don't type it into eBay though, you don't get air compressor parts listed :yikes:

Obligatory pic, good parts on left...

Q4Dg9Oe.jpg

Edited by Puffwagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1