Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

I was looking at W&B "screen" range (P/N 334451) as a reasonable cost upgrade at around $185-$200 (ebay->wbtools), but it didn't have angle features and 40Nm as a minimum and 200Nm as a maximum would probably suit 90% of anything I'd ever work on but not super-ideal... Then I looked at a deflecting beam model from W&B (332600) with 30Nm to 300Nm range, ~$350)... I'd probably have to buy a second torque wrench just to get the full range... Then I saw the cost of a "high quality" one (snap-on, facom, Norbar etc) that's similar in quality to the 334451 from W&B which was around the cost of this one ($570 without discount from ebay, $510 with discount 😮 ) I decided to go with the extra features of angle/digital/both-directions and pay a bit more for basically a range of Nm I'll probably never under or over cook and will allow me to use it to do engine work etc in the future. E.g. a tool that's high quality and easy to use in all situations I'd ever want to use a torque wrench for and didn't cost an arm and a leg in comparison to equivalent digital ones from those same expensive companies (only $160 more than a deflecting beam model, seemed like a win to me for the extra features and range)... and W&B seem to have a stellar reputation here so trusted them to get the job done :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

Clearly the "gasstrutguys" bought 'em in bulk and/or got them manufactured cheaper to their door and are passing on their savings to us plebs :)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

My 4 port mac valve arrived today. That means I'll be able to run lower boost for every day driving and crank the fark out of it when the need arises.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

I remember discussing solenoids in the off topic thread a while back. Turns out I was wrong with what I was saying about the stock valve, it is a 2 port lol. Haha also I was apparently half asleep so I'll use that as my excuse :hrmm:

But yerp I want to run a wider boost range than the stock 2 port can do so here we are. Also I like doing stuff just for the sake of learning new things and I haven't tuned a barra with a 4 port before.