Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d

Those look good keifffy!!!

Once you go noise cancelling you never go back! 

I have a set of Beats by Dre J@ got for me probably about 4 years ago now... I still love them. I use them every day and they’re brilliant 🥰

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Expansion drive for the new laptop bought and arrived just before the new laptop on Thursday: 2TB M.2 NVMe {PCIe 3.0 x4} SSD.
4CzYBs8.jpg
Bgjx6LJ.jpg
mdQmqKw.jpg

QMUYBjb.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

New laptop :)

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (specs in here)

Pretty box:

2gUVTRk.jpg

And the pretty setup inside the box:

9XGsUAI.jpg

And the laptop:

eLT6So3.jpgyfdSkXr.jpg

and of course, what would a "gaming-spec" laptop be without RGB LED's

ZbRha3X.jpeg

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d
bought some head phones to replace the old and decrepit Koss BT540i that I posted here in 2015 ->https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/81090-cool-stuff-you-just-bought/?do=findComment&comment=1572808

They arrived on Monday from the US (not actually a bad delay considering the *gestures broadly* situation).

Monoprice BT600 ANC. They are excellent quality and have a great set of features for their price.

Having used them for an entire work-week, they're absolutely a huge step up in quality compared to the old ones in all respects (except the touch controls are a bit finicky compared to buttons, but oh well). These are my first noise-cancelling headphones and you could say I'm impressed but that'd be a huge understatement.

They go really loud, have a "harman" curved audio tuning for all it's connection types which I have tuned out with a known frequency response re-jig via "wavelet" on Android and holy crap do they sound good now and most reviews only have the sound quality as a minor annoyance depending on preference. Let's hope it stays together better than the old koss which just kept falling apart and having to be re-glued over the months/years as the "build quality" feels pretty good, but it's plastic and as we know plastic doesn't last forever

It seems like they've copied Sony's design all the way apart from the buttons being on opposite sides!
I've got 2 sets of WH-1000XM3 and a pair of WH-1000XM4. Had to buy new earpads for the 3's after wearing them for easily 8hrs a day every day for 22 months (mostly tv streaming and music and pottering around the yard).
I took a gamble and got "Wicked Cushions" brand earpads and $20 a set delivered free from Amazon (Vic - Nth Qld) in 2 days, I'm stoked with the quality as the originals were past being hammered even!
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

Try not to vomit with the old earpads everbody!
The new black ones are virtually identical and super comfy (updated thicker 2021 model supposedly). I'll have to do some critical listening from a new set of headphones with oem pads (the wife uses them) and the aftermarket pads as there's no NC difference but I think the new ones hold less bass but that could just be psychoacoustic...

Here's where I bought them from - https://www.amazon.com.au/stores/WC/page/93F65FD3-DA46-47EE-9EDE-221A94265245?ref_=ast_bln
2x sets were 20% off at the time and free delivery with Prime. I do have discount vouchers with the new pads so I can take a pic of them if anyone needs a set. d14f4495e91045926f73bda0d5a834b8.jpg0d2925913dcc708fe8bd9154538abfcc.jpg

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 1d

I went with these last year- dont use em much though...

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-au/products/headsets/xbox/a40-tr-mixamp-pro-bundle-gen-4.939-001658.html

Edited by Panda Eyes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

Bought an LG 75" 4k tv. I wanted the 86" one but the missus reckoned it was too big so I had to compromise.

It's big enough, much bigger than our 50" it replaced, and loads stuff like Netflix quicker than the fetch box...by miles!

Beer for scale

hnOA2AK.jpg

• Like 4