Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 4d

not at all, my other tank runs its self. I just feed the fish ;)

im keen to get this new tank setup though. Be a 10k plus exercise to get it running by the time I buy all the equipment, lighting etc

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

haha it's nice when the contained ecosystem sorts itself out... but I've been through disease, fungus, algae, etc on a freshwater tank for a decade which never self-settled; never getting a fish tank again unless it's a goldfish bowl lol

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

oh I'm sure I could do a better job than I did when I was a child, but the whole exercise was just not worth it, even if they become successfully self-contained, imho. If you want to see a good fish tank, heaps of local businesses spend decent money on them or go to an aquarium. If you want the fish because they're nice to just "watch" you can do that online for free. If you just like them as pets, fair enough and go your hardest :)

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 4d

I do it because im not retarded :P and I can sit and watch them all day without having to pay $30 to walk around with stupid kids. Pros far out way any cons or your concepts for looking at fish 😄 😘

• Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

lookin' pretty schmick. looks like it's on an upstairs landing of some sort or is that an optical illusion in the last photo (or a stairs to go to a basement or something)? if it did have to go up a flight of stairs it looks like it would have been a bit of a mission to get it up there :)