Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Just got an "Insta360 One X" camera to complement the drone and the GoPro's

Quick vid to give me the idea of what's possible (spin the vid round for a guest appearance from the dog)

Need to put the cam on a pole next time and try different mounting points - should end up very effective on our cruises.

Looking forward to mounting it on the drone and worrying about framing shots etc in post.

Need to learn how to edit the vids into a linear shot (not 360), with me choosing the best angle next.

• Like 4

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d
8 hours ago, k31th said:

funny...

I meant the TP-Link and Orbi setup.

Super exciting photos:

TP-Link W9970 and Netgear Orbi RBK50 modem

LQbhQWK.jpg

Orbi satellite

HwJSM55.jpg

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Number one and two: Following his logic, 2d video sucks too as it also had potato quality ten years ago. He's basing the current and possible/strawman limitations on today's tech. More than a bit illogical there. WRONG!!!

Number 3: Brains are plastic and adapt to their environment. My kids are learning completely different than I did and are showing signs of being a lot smarter and more knowledgeable than kids 35 years ago. Also regarding fov, we can turn our heads and you have to click to turn a 360 video to see the other parts, just like out big fat noggins. WRONG!!!

Number 4: Sometime I drift off when someone is boring my arse off. WRONG!!!

Number 5: We're talking about a video here, not deep philosophical scientific teaching. He is saying that it's unsuitable for filmmaking as a specific story needs to be told. The majority of media isn't filmmaking and he is creating a false dichotomy here. WRONG!!!

Number 6: What number 6??? He skipped it.

Number 7: This ain't 1922 and we aren't trying to drastically change the world with 360 video. The yootoob clip is titled "Why spherical video is a bad idea". We worked out how to tune falcons with various hardware etc. It didn't change the world for the majority of people for the better, but still was a good idea for some of us. There are many more "WRONG!!!" points here but I cbf writing any more. WRONG!!!

P.s: I wrote this out as I watched it. Haha the "WRONG!!!" at the end of every paragraph is ironically quite fitting.

giphy.gif

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

haha, I watched the video ages ago when it came out and can't even remember his specific points, but I don't remember having any problems with it... but good job, either way...