Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I need to replace the gauge for my innovate wideband. One of the leds has died. It's still usable but they are cheap enough to replace...one day lol. 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d
On 13/02/2019 at 9:02 PM, Rab said:

Or grab a Dare Iced Coffee Double Espresso and stop being hangry

soft....tripple if your a real man

On 13/02/2019 at 9:03 PM, Rab said:

Coz he got it cheap or it looked good?

Am tipping he doesn't need 4 groupheads

dunno hes just really into coffee I guess and wanted the best of the best lol

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Car is going pretty flamin rich sometimes, so I want to know if either a) the tune is genuinely commanding that or b) something is amiss either with the wideband sensor or the fuel system.

Car is tuned but I haven't touched it myself yet. Stock injectors and LTFT hovers around 5% so suspicious of something in the fuel system.

Want to understand before I chuck in injectors and pump, but then again the injectors might fix it. Need to chuck the fuel pressure gauge on it too.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d
You'll have to let us know how it goes [mention=83223]El Andrew[/mention]
Arrived on Friday. So far, so good. Pretty easy to work with once you read the programming instructions.

I ordered the MX version with Ford CAN option for some preloaded gauges. This includes trans temp and you just need to edit one parameter to change it to Celsius.

There's not heaps of information out there about Ultragauge, but there is about Scangauge, including heaps of configurations for OBD parameters not included on the device by default. This is useful as the Ultragauge includes information for converting known Scangauge configurations to Ultragauge. I also found something to convert Torque to Scangauge, so with a double hop anything you can see in Torque is theoretically achievable without getting too sophisticated.

I got trans gear sort of working in the driveway this morning, but for some reason will only show gears 1 to 4. Instructions have some debugging info which will be my next step. Learning more about hex and bytes than I intended but not too bad once you get into it.

Also the standard OBD parameter for coolant temp fluctuates between -40 and the actual coolant temp on our cars. Scangauge have an alternative configuration to fix this on their website, but converting that to Ultragauge isn't working for me yet.

If anyone else grabs these and wants to nick my settings, let me know. Once I sort them out a bit more I'll post them as there is almost nothing on the web that's directly usable.64b632e3e2ef0b465fc64baae68b68a1.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

So I impulse bought the Innovate MTX-L PLUS wideband AFR setup the other day from Ebay. Is this gauge all I need to view and log with my laptop and PCMTEC (or xcal3) when they release a datalogging update?

On 06/03/2019 at 7:55 AM, El Andrew said:

Arrived on Friday. So far, so good. Pretty easy to work with once you read the programming instructions.

I ordered the MX version with Ford CAN option for some preloaded gauges. This includes trans temp and you just need to edit one parameter to change it to Celsius.

There's not heaps of information out there about Ultragauge, but there is about Scangauge, including heaps of configurations for OBD parameters not included on the device by default. This is useful as the Ultragauge includes information for converting known Scangauge configurations to Ultragauge. I also found something to convert Torque to Scangauge, so with a double hop anything you can see in Torque is theoretically achievable without getting too sophisticated.

I got trans gear sort of working in the driveway this morning, but for some reason will only show gears 1 to 4. Instructions have some debugging info which will be my next step. Learning more about hex and bytes than I intended but not too bad once you get into it.

Also the standard OBD parameter for coolant temp fluctuates between -40 and the actual coolant temp on our cars. Scangauge have an alternative configuration to fix this on their website, but converting that to Ultragauge isn't working for me yet.

If anyone else grabs these and wants to nick my settings, let me know. Once I sort them out a bit more I'll post them as there is almost nothing on the web that's directly usable.64b632e3e2ef0b465fc64baae68b68a1.jpg

I own the Aeroforce obd2 gauges that work well. They were for the BA but now are in the Territory. Only issue is they cycle on/off continuously every few minutes when the car is locked so for now I use an adapter with a switch but guess it's a slight wiring difference from 2003 BA turbo to 2008 TT.

No issues with 1-6 gear selection in the ZF though and reads everything else correctly that it can read (coolant,head temp,trans temp,boost,MAP,IAT,STFT,LTFT......). Can't see the screen properly with polarised sunnies on which is a drag in Nth Qld!

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

not stuff I 'just' bought- got my new trailer a few months ago. out grew my old one- both in size and weight. this will carry 2 tonne, and has electric brakes. also wont rust or have paint flake off like my last one so future proof. will prob outlast my career lol.

had to drive to Dandenong to get it though cause would have to sell a kidney to buy one in SA.  sigh.

LLOHopT.jpg

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
8 minutes ago, Panda Eyes said:

has electric brakes

This is one upgrade I want to do to my trailer. It's 8x5 tandem with a 10x5 enclosure, and while the cable/drum brakes work, I would feel much better about carrying heavy loads if the brakes were modernised.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Dropped into JB-HiFi to get a cheap phone for the daughter after I got home from the Tassie trip.

@EvilDaifu had an unbelievable drone on the cruise.

Yeah, I should have sent her to the shop alone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1