Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 14d

Well, they retail new for $12.5k...I paid $4k. Still a lot of money, but I've lusted after a pair of these for over a decade, ever since I first heard a pair and they don't come up on the secondhand market often, especially not in Perth and at this price and condition.

• Like 3

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
13 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

Well, they retail new for $12.5k...I paid $4k. Still a lot of money, but I've lusted after a pair of these for over a decade, ever since I first heard a pair and they don't come up on the secondhand market often, especially not in Perth and at this price and condition.

4k is decent. I have a set of k2 that are worth 2k alone and nearly 10k worth of focal (car audio) gear sitting in my spare room doing nothing lol 

if I found a set for 4K I’d be all over it to. They will shine when you get some more power to them lol

• Like 1

Yeah. Anyone I've told who's into hifi gear agree I got a pretty awesome bargain...which I really think I did! Now I just can't wait to pick up the centre speaker in a couple of weeks and then the dipole surrounds after that!

2 hours ago, k31th said:

now to sound-proof your house... it never ends :buttrock:

Not really a whole lot I can do with respects to sound-proofing unfortunately, as this all resides in my open plan living room. I think the thing that was bothering the kids next door was the sub carrying...that and it rattles my patio a fair bit when it's up loud...😲

2 hours ago, Rab said:

Haha - too funny.

Catch up with them in person and apologise, explaining you'd just got the new toys and had to play.

Just don't pay Texas Chainsaw Massacre or pron too loud at night ;)

Yeah, I made a point of apologising and said I'd got some new speakers and just got a little carried away.

1 hour ago, bloodycrashboy said:

Yeah, I've lusted after a pair for years as well,......... oh .......oh, hang on, you ment speakers emoji1787.png

Solid ohmo joke...

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 1d
New speakers for my home setup. To call these speakers amazing is an understatement and doesn't even remotely do them justice. They look and sound farking incredible!

WhxcFqs.jpg

LAjrQAo.jpg

29J85K4.jpg

AgKtoBV.jpg
Nice pickup. How's the sound stage go with them that close together? Need the couch like where your coffee table is.
  • Like 1

Bearing in mind that's a 65" TV and 1.5m wide cabinet, so it probably looks closer than it is...but soundstage is pretty bloody good, considering. It's never going to be the perfect home theatre room, given it's open plan and the kitchen is behind the sofa...but this setup now sounds pretty incredible, so no complaints here.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Would be awesome sounding!!! 

Way better than our current home theatre set up of a 32 inch tv... 7metres from the couch... in a room with 3.5m ceilings.... and no speakers so only the tv sound. 

FML 

#buildingproblems 

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d
2 hours ago, Miss Cornwall said:

no speakers so only the tv sound.  

bloody hell Fluff,    povo pac :omg:

what happened to Soundbar Magic ?

Edited by bloodycrashboy