Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

ummm... as usual for your YT links ->

latest?cb=20130907060859

those things are mostly useless, except the consumables and consumables suck as presents and are only stop-gap societal pluses, to me :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Oh, for sure, but the societal pressures of xmas to be that time, is just not welcome for me. Just out of the blue is totally fine with me, though, as that implies more of a response. But I'm not going to continue to argue this as I know I'm in the minority as a logical viewpoint on this topic :)

somebody post something you got as a present or have bought for somebody else as a present but actually was for yourself :P

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I was gonna post a picture of my new jocks but I realised I was wearing them. 

Ain't nobody got time to be viewing pictures of my junk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

totally OK with not getting presents :) when I want something, I buy it for myself, rather than waiting for somebody else to ask me "what do you want for xmas" and then me responding in kind and we end up spending roughly the same amount. So, in the end, it was easier to just buy what we each wanted and be done with it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I see where you're coming from. My wife and I do that cos we have joint finances. 

Gift giving isn't based upon necessity, although,

1 hour ago, k31th said:

consumables

such as pots and pans can be a good gift for some people, especially younger people, that need the basic necessities. Pot and pan sets run upward of $500 and that is easy for an older person to buy generally, and is a practical gift. 

Gift giving is loosely based on love and we set the gift giving process in motion around significant days, such as birthdays and xmas etc.

I love my bro so he gets a bottle of rum. I love my daughter so she gets a barbie car. I love my neighbor so they get a bag of home grown mandarins. I ain't buying that sh*t weekly though.

There are different levels to it.

I can tell you one thing though, it's not based on how much you spend. You give cos you want to give. It's about what you give, not the cost of it. 

Lemme ask ya, after that wall of text, have you got gym chalk? That sh*t will change your life. :)

48 minutes ago, Rab said:

I got the 4yo a telescope :P

Is that the used to be 2yo? How is the telescope? 

I bought my kids a scalextric set among other things but they gave up on it after 5 minutes cos it's too hard. :ermm:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yes, all of that is true, and I'm not going to argue it further, like I said :)

14 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

have you got gym chalk? That sh*t will change your life. :)

nah, mate. I don't lift enough in one movement to need it. I actually like getting some callouses a bit... masochistic, perhaps haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

No need to argue hombre. 

Chalk will give you more calluses. I've got a spare block if you want to try some.  I've got several actually. 

2 hours ago, Ford Freak said:

this thread should be packed with all the santa presents

I bought this for my oldest boy to fix his bike and sh*t. I've also got a tool chest that his grandad gave to me to put it in.

He's not that thrilled but every time we've had to replace batteries he's had it covered.

u6TM0ce.jpg